Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Indica/sativa

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheBoyWhoTokes, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hello everyone!

I'm getting back into smoking. I have anxiety issues tho, so i have been told to stick to indica. I know that indica and sativa are two different things. But what about hydro? Does hydro cause anxiety? I'm so confused..

Can indica be grown hydroponically? All of this just confuses me.. I hope someone understands what I'm getting at?

2. Hydro is just another way of saying "hydroponic". It's the way the weed was grown, aka hydroponically. It's a type of irrigation setup that's indoors, and from my understanding since I have no growing experience, it does not use soil.

Sativa and indica are the actually scientific names of the cannabis plant. There are other types of the cannabis plant, but indica and sativa are the most common.

There are two VERY simple differences between indica and sativa. Indica will produce a body high in the user...anything from the munchies to couch-lock to sleepiness. Your body will feel awesome. It's great for pain relief and sleeping.

Sativa, however, is a head high. Users feel uplifted, energetic, motivated. I've experienced some munchies, but not as much as an indica strain. There usually is no sleepiness involved, thus you can smoke all mothafuckin day ;)

For your use, I'd suggest a sativa if you have anxiety. You'll feel happier and will most likely giggle more :p

Hope this helps!

3. Indica and sativa are only the type of weed like its genetic background. Both can be grown in either soil or hydroponic.

4. Its difficult to suggest one or the other for some one that suffers with anxiety because if you smoke an indica to early in the day it will cause some anxiety and if you smoke a sativa to late at night you feel anxious.

Really its all about personal preference.

I would say smoke a little bit of sativa through the day in joints I would recommend lemon haze which offers an uplifting happy high that motivates you but also gives you a calm feeling with no tiredness and at night smoke blueberry this bud creeps up on you and makes you feel totally calm and relaxed putting you in a very good mood hitting your body smooth but hard.

Once you find your feet and build up a tolerance then start exploring more but stick to this rule of sativa day and indica night and try to keep away from bongs/vapes for now a joint is a much more calming method of smoking.

Let us know how you get on OP:smoke: