Indica, sativa or hybrid?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RootError, Nov 24, 2017.

1. I am completely new to growing my own cannabis. I have 8 outdoor plants, all random seeds from many bags. 6 of these plants I've been growing with sunlight and nutrients and all that they need and they've all started their vegetative state now, my other two plants were accidents so I decided to use them as experiments by growing them in the shade to see if they'd grow, they're still alive but growing extremely slowly.

The following plants that are together in their pictures are the same age as each other:

My youngest two:

My middle two:

And my two oldest plants:

Is it normal that my two youngest have such a size difference to each other as well as my two oldest ones? My oldest plant is my largest plant, but my second oldest plant is my smallest. And my youngest plant is almost bigger than my oldest, biggest plant?

I would also love some input on whether these are indicas or sativas or hybrids.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Are my plants healthy? When should I transplant them to bigger pots again? I’ve been transferring them from pots as they grow, smaller growing larger, how big should my next pots be?

2. All look really healthy and you have a nice mix of satavia and indica and some also look hybrid. 1 to 4 look satavia too me..

And to be honest you could probably leave them on those pots - keep doing what you are doing.

3. Actually I can't tell the size of them they maybe too small... probably should have started in smaller pots then transplanted to final cause it will be harder now.

4. 95% or higher of strains are hybrids. When we call a strain sativa many times it is just because it has sativa dominant traits. Sativa traits are stretchy vigorous upward growth and a thinner blade on the leaves. They have longer mature times and more heat/light tolerance. Any more purely indica leaning strain is going to be very short and bushy with thicker stems and a tight node structure with a wide blade on the fan leaves. Of course there is everything in between with the modern gene pool. Unless you know what strains you may have popped it's almost impossible to guess exactly what they are.

The fun part is now you get to name them yourself. I've had Purple Prose, Sister Stout, and Mystery Sativa from my unknown badseed pops. I still have Purple Prose. She a beauty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. You're doing good work by the way. Those are some happy ladies.

6. I'm doing good. Being lazy at home with the fam. I have to actually get some work done tomorrow and set up a divider in my 4x8 to cut it into bloom/veg sides. I tore it down from a mite infection and just set it up again 8 weeks ago. I've been vegging the next crop with the whole thing open now I have to put in the divider, decide what plants I want to flower, clone, set up some ducting, ect. If I don't do it soon they are going to be a problem. Good thing I have the day off.

7. Well good to hear you are doing good mate! But not so good about the mite problem! I'm sure you will work it out - kind of hijacked the thread but thought was easier than sending a message haha.. I have also been lazy but am finally starting Monday... its been like 34c most days here and only going to get hotter so I need to get an aircon !

8. #9 Tbone Shuffle, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Bummer. I'm in opposite land and winter is coming on strong this year. I'm currently not running an exhaust fan and having difficulties keeping my tent 80. Plants are doing well though. I'm excited to finally flower again. I don't miss fighting the heat of summer. I squashed those mites. I don't think they're coming back. I made the mistake of taking on too many strange clones. Treat all strange plants as infected. It's my new rule. Cost me hundreds of dollars to fight. About 800 watts of quantum boards in a 4x8 with 4 different strains in DWC. IMG_0785.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Just got given a Skunk #1 in that coffee cup. I'm hoping it pulls through. I made sure it was mite free.

• Like Like x 1
  10. To get a little more back on topic my strains are good examples. The left is a sativa dominant Blue Dream, The 2nd over is a Blueberry which is more indica but a hybrid at heart. The 3rd plant is a Grand Daddy Purple it's a good example of a 50/50 hybrid. It's stretchy but with large foliage and thick stems. The stems on the GDP are twice as thick as the blue dream on the branches. The 4th plant on the far right is a Wonder Woman. My particular pheno is one of the most purely indica leaning strains I've grown. I've actually done no training to that plant whatsoever. That is a straight up cola grown plant. The others have been supercropped but the Wonder Woman made a bush by itself. It has as many tops as any of the other plants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I been trying to get a quantum board but all sold out for the one I want..looking amazing man.

• Like Like x 1
  12. There was 5 4 board 120 kits left an hour ago.

13. I just ordered two meanwell LRS-75-24's from arrow.com tonight for 2 boards I have. $26 for two of them, one for each board.

14. Ah I'm not sure what one I was trying to order needed like a 600w one and already assembled.. I'll see if I can find it

15. Never mind the have it its 500w - is that true watts man ?

16. The HLG 550 is 20% off for black friday. I think the 600 has some deal too. The 600 is the same light with a better heatsink and a larger driver. The 550 is 515 watts. The 600 is better deal. Up to 620 watts. 4x4 or 5x5 bloom coverage.
    Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board LED Kit

• Like Like x 1
  17. Both are 4 qb288 boards. I bloom with 4 qb304 boards on qb260 fixtures in a 4x4. 570 watts max.

• Like Like x 1
  18. You can see them in the right side of the pic. The far right one is 3500k and the closer one is 3k.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thanks man!