Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Indica or Sativa for Social Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TRAILBLAZ3R, Oct 8, 2011.

1. I suffer from moderate social anxiety from time to time and some strains i have felt helped calm me down and others would get me extremely anxious. I wasnt sure if the strains were indica or sativa but i know that Pineapple Express (the strain) made me happy and relaxed without anxiety. On the other hand, the other day i took 5 bong rips of Blue Cheese and i was the most socially anxious person in the world at that time (u never know.) i couldnt even talk to other people or look them in the eye. So what will it be when i go to pick up my next eigth of dank, INDICA OR SATIVA?

2. where is the option for alcohol?

i would not smoke and try to be social if u have bad social anxiety it makes it worse most of the time. no matter if its sativa or indica.

3. This is largely based on person to person, so you'd have to see what works for you the best. A good start would be to try strains with high cbd and cbn content to balance the ratio to thc. There are specific strains I can recommend for anxiety that works for me though:

Strawberry cough
    Jilly bean
    Cinderella 99

All three of those are tried and true anti anxiety strains that you will more than likely have luck with.

In general though, what works for me (Generalized anxiety disorder and panic attack disorder), is a hybrid learning more on the sativa side, but with more mild and less psychedelic highs.

4. I have a pretty severe case of anxiety/panic attacks and some strange nerve thing my doctors cant figure out yet. Strawberry cough almost completely erased my anxiety and gave me a huge energy boost. Jack herer was also very nice for killing the anxiety without couch lock.... a lot of the heavy indicas can help with the anxiety but have fun moving after you smoke :p

5. Bro, like these guys are saying, you may just have to experiment a little. One thing that I can say works excellent for my wife is vaping on high temp after I've vaped on low for a while (more CBD less THC...like Morange was saying). She has BAD anxiety (or used to...before MMJ), this works great for her.

Peace to you man!