Indiana decriminalizing, new bill in office!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by tnh, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Governor Pence is on record stating his opposition to decriminalization. I imagine he'll blow it out of the water if/when the bill makes it to his desk.

2. This is why we actually need to support it, polls have been done showing voters are in favor of decriminalizing marijuana..

"A survey conducted in December indicated that a majority of Indiana voters already support removing criminal penalties. The WISH-TV/Ball State University Hoosier Survey found that just over half of those polled favored decriminalizing it, and 41 percent were opposed.“It’s imperative that Sen. Young and his committee members honor the majority of Indiana voters who support this bill and give it a fair hearing,” said Riffle."

3. How is decriminaling weed and saving people from having drugs charges hold them back their entire lives maintaining the status quo?

4. :laughing:

True

5. Your such a troll.

6. So you don't like my answer so I'm a troll now.
    Decriminalization is nothing more than a bone that the drug warriors throw out to keep the production and sale of MJ illegal. It maintains and strengthens the drug cartels and black market. You'll notice that the penalties for the sale and production never go down in these "decrim laws".

7. It's a step in the right direction though - it indicates that the public are in favour of legalizing MJ

I prefer legalization, obviously, but decrim. bills set a foundation for legalization to happen - as we've seen in CO and WA and will continue to see as more and more states opt to legalize

8. It's baby step meant to placate the average stoner and maintain the drug war.

9. What would you rather - some progress or no progress at all?

In my eyes, no decrim - no progress

10. Glaciers make progress as well. Medpot and full legalization is a much better course of action.

11. i can say from experience that living where it is decriminalized is much different than where the ganj can still land you in the slammer.

12. Be realistic - you don't run before you can walk

13. You can still end up in the slammer in places that have decriminalized it. Ask any dealer.

14. Unfortunately, I can't "ask any dealer". I haven't bought cannabis in several years. This is the result of living somewhere where it's legal to grow it within your own home, and it's decriminalized out and about. I don't break laws.

15. No, you're a troll because every single one of your posts are short, one or two line, rude, negative smartass remarks that contribute little or nothing to the thread.

Have a nice day! :wave:

16. Oh, I'm sorry that the truth is so offensive to your sensibilities. Decriminalization only maintains the drug war.
    Have a nice fucking day, yourself.