Increasing intensity of light during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by M BRED GRO ER, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Has anyone increased light intensity during flowering like this? I increased my cfl lights from four 2700k 65w bulbs to seven 65w bulbs. I previously vegged 24/0 under blue spectrum lights and now I'm on a 18/6 flowering cycle with the cfl bulbs. My plants were starting to bud, but now it appears they switched back to vegetative state since the light intensity increased.
    Its ironic i stopped flowering when i was trying to increase the yield.

Now i'm not sure whether i should decrease light to try and reflower, or go back 24/0 and start an army of clones :D for the 1000w hps system i ordered.

I still have more than two mother plants on a 24/0 cycle so i should have enough clones either way.

I'd prefer to keep flowering, but the shock could start producing cock and balls!:eek: I would rather clone them and prevent roosters in the henhouse if thats the case.

Any Ideas Gentlemen?

2. try flowering on 12/12 and not 18/6.
    works for me.

3. 12/12 = Flower

4. 18/6 is veg the chemical reaction take place in the plant when it receives 12 hours of light and 12 hours of complete uninterrupted darkness unless you got an auto flower

5. Yea man, your plants arent flowering under 18/6. Could be preflowers but my guess is you just seeing side growth come in.

And to answer your question, I went from 400 to 600 watts from veg to flower with no problems. People do that quite a bit. Some veg under cfl and go to 400 or 600 hps for flower. Adding three cfls isnt going to shock a plant unless you do something out of the ordinary.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys but I have seen bubble kush grown 24/0 then 18/6 veg multiple times. They flower because of light reduction in length, which explains why 12/12 isn't the only way a normal seeded plant flowers.

7. meant to say 24/0 veg then 18/6 flower

8. Mj doesnt flower based on just a change in light cycle. It begins flowering once daylight fall below fourteen hours per day. This is because in nature the shorter days triggers the plant to know that winter is coming.

The only real exception to that is auto flowers.

How is it that you have had several flowering grows under 18/6 but you still think adding three low powered lights could revert you to veg? Either way good luck, Im sure the rest of the growing community just doesnt know about how to flower mj.

9. 18/6 is still veg lighting

10. Doubt it will flower. Even if it does at 18/6 you're not giving it enough rest. Why would you want to go against the true and tested methods? If you think 18/6 is going to get you more buds or a faster harvest, you're wrong Either way good luck.