Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Increased heart rate from smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 2313, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Picked up some new nug thats bright green and smells way different than the stuff i usually get. It's also very easy to break apart almost crunchy. Anyway, when i smoked like 6 hits of it from a bowl my heart rate shot WAY up. That shiy was pumping so fast, I'm and athlete and i stay in shape so i wasnt worried about it. I tries ro take deep breaths but it didnt help. I havent been smoking as much lately could that be why? It was a more intense/ focused high than I usually get. Do you think its just the strain of weed? Thanks

2. Yeah I KNOW it's from the weed.

Some strains make it worse than others.

I promise you are fine. If it bothers you, try not to sit as still, I find sitting still makes it more uncomfortable. 

3. #3 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    You're used to smoking indica, that seems to be a sativa. I tdoes give you a faster heart rate but after an hour or so it goes back to normal. Your fine if that swimming dude can blaze, you can

4. It's what happens when you smoke bud, it used to freak me out the first few times I smoked I found its best not to check how fast your hearts going, you'll only make your self paranoid.

5. i sometimes smoke indica and it happens to me.
    its something that comes along with smoking weed, dont worry :)

6. Thanks for the help, i think it was strong sativa. My heart beating sounded so loud

This is my new signature just for the "that swimming dude"

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    I was very stoned when I wrote that haha, I remember now Michael Phelps.

Thanks though ;) :bongin:

9. Such an appropriate comment it shouldn't be overlooked lol 
    Would actually make a hilarious Legalize Campaign Slogan