Increase yield?!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by nathanjiujitsu, Aug 12, 2012.

1. A there anything I can do to increase yield?

I have an unknown strain... I'm 6 weeks into flowering and the buds are small to medium size due to only 175watts of CFL. Is there anything that'll help me increase my yield? Thanks

2. if you are 6 weeks into flowering I think it is too late to do anything.

3. There is no magic potion that will fatten them up in the last two weeks after six weeks of less than optimal conditions. If you got better lighting now your yield will be better than you are going to get with the 175 cfl right now.

4. Your best bet is to make sure you do t harvest early. So many new growers make the mistake of chopping too soon. If you let your plant go a few days after you think it's ready, that will increase the yields more than just about anything else at this point. Just optimize what you have going.

5. The key to bigger yields is to dial in ur environment. Keep the nutes balanced.

6. Wait until it completely dies... don't chop it til it's completely dead. The buds will get every bit of the plants life and they won't degrade at all once it's dead. Just a high theory.

7. [quote name='"Shirogane7"']Wait until it completely dies... don't chop it til it's completely dead. The buds will get every bit of the plants life and they won't degrade at all once it's dead. Just a high theory.[/quote]

That's a bad theory. The THC degrades as the plant dies. That's why we harvest when trics are 10% amber. The more amber the more mature. After about 30% amber the THC degrades at a quicker rate. Just dropping my 2 cents