Inchworms on my leaves indoor grow help!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CanadianxToker2511, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Hello about 2 weeks ago I accedentily let a moth in my Grow room and I assumed it left when I had the door open but I have been finding tiny inchworms lately and I want to know of a safe way to kill them without damaging my crop more then it is. Not even 1/20th of the leaves are affected so not a huge issue yet (but will be) I'm in a indoor grow tent in my garage I was wondering if I could us this b.t spray I read about? It says apply once then wait for rain then apply again after it's washed off but I'm in an indoor Grow and there's no rain. So would I just spray them down with water one day then the bt spray the next? And switch like that till I notice the leaf damage has stopped?

Been medicating for 20 years

2. Pictures please....taken under natural lighting. You're calling these "inch worms." Do you mean caterpillars? Where I live, later in flower when the buds begin to get heavy with resin, the butterflies that you see flying around in the garden will lay their larvae on the buds which hatch out caterpillars. Is that what you're talking about? If so, be on the watch for root rot too. If you have caterpillars, they didn't come from a moth. I have moths get in my flower rooms occasionally and all they do is take big chunks out of the leaves. Have never had them hatch anything. Your flower area must be such that one of the little critters gets in. Got to zip that flower area up like a laboratory to keep the bugs and critters out. If you have caterpillars, there is something we use called garden pest dust. We also have it by the name "Seven Dust." You can sprinkle it very lightly on your plants and the caterpillars will hit the ground with a thud immediately. We have to keep it on any outdoor plants we flower here in the south. The resin is like a magnet to them and the last ones I finished outside they cost me a couple of pounds at harvest because I hadn't been keeping a close enough check on them and by the time I noticed them there, they had already done the damage. You can use that garden dust and then when you harvest the plant, just rinse it off. We've used it for years on our garden veggies and it's not harmful to the human body as long as you rinse it off at harvest time. If this is what you have, it will work. If it's something else, might need something else. But definitely need a picture to go from. TWW

3. Ill take one in the morning if I can find another i looked today but couldn't see any more. They looked like caterpillars but no butterfly's have gotten in only one moth ( thought moth larvae was called inchworms) so that's what I'm thinking laid eggs, because I read online they can. They were like really tiny that's why I'm thinking something laid eggs. I'm in veg right now, I'm trying to flip to flower soon but need to take care of this problem first. Also where do you get that powder the hydro store? Amazon?

4. I have ladybugs in there but not feeling like there eating them. Mabey I just saw the last few the ladybugs didn't eat yet

5. [​IMG]
    Got a pic of the leaf damage tho

6. I think ladybugs can only eat smaller insects.

7. Pictures please....taken under natural lighting. You're calling these "inch worms." Do you mean caterpillars? Where I live, later in flower when the buds begin to get heavy with resin, the butterflies that you see flying around in the garden will lay their larvae on the buds which hatch out caterpillars. Is that what you're talking about? If so, be on the watch for root rot too. If you have caterpillars, they didn't come from a moth. I have moths get in my flower rooms occasionally and all they do is take big chunks out of the leaves. Have never had them hatch anything. Your flower area must be such that one of the little critters gets in. Got to zip that flower area up like a laboratory to keep the bugs and critters out. If you have caterpillars, there is something we use called garden pest dust. We also have it by the name "Seven Dust." You can sprinkle it very lightly on your plants and the caterpillars will hit the ground with a thud immediately. We have to keep it on any outdoor plants we flower here in the south. The resin is like a magnet to them and the last ones I finished outside they cost me a couple of pounds at harvest because I hadn't been keeping a close enough check on them and by the time I noticed them there, they had already done the damage. You can use that garden dust and then when you harvest the plant, just rinse it off. We've used it for years on our garden veggies and it's not harmful to the human body as long as you rinse it off at harvest time. If this is what you have, it will work. If it's something else, might need something else. But definitely need a picture to go from. TWW

8. I couldn't find any more but they were super tiny a ladybug could have eaten one easy. I'm gonna keep on looking each time I go check on my plants but for the time being it's looking like there gone. And honestly don't know what they were it was like 1/5 the size of a ladybug and when I scooped it up on my finger from where it was hanging off the leaf it rolled into a ball so I couldn't see what it was.

9. Finnally found another today looks like a caterpillar but it's so tiny it's the thing next to the hole in the leaf [​IMG]

10. I can get b.t spray easily tonight or in the morning just wanted to make sure I know for sure what I'm dealing with

11. that's called a leaf miner ...in the pics ...they chew leaves and make lime green colored squiggly lines under the leaves which are visible eventually due to being chewed on....solution one is neem oil the leaves ...and diatomaceous earth the top of the soil..make sure you have good airflow as well...good luck

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

12. Thanks good thing I didn't buy the bt spray but it seems neem oil got banned as a pesticide in Canada :/ anything else that will fix my problem? I read that I could find all affected leaves squish the trails to kill the larvae and remove the affected leaves

13. really neem oil got banned? WTF? I'LL look for the best alternative ...I'll let ya know...but that bug ISN'T going to destroy your crop...there see some that will ...but not leaf miners that just chew and make holes and makes leaves ugly..

I'll get back to ya on that .

GFP

14. Yeah supposedly. And thanks a bunch I would like to take care of them soon but glad to know I can switch to flower without worries.

15. try finding spinosad...

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  16. Found it it's easy to get where I am so will pick up some tonight or tmr. And can I switch to flower now will this stuff affect the developing flowers for the first two weeks?

17. I've never used it! where im at neem oil is legal and there is no spinosad. So read the bottle maybe send me a pic of it and I can give my opinion. But your gonna inform me on that one for the most part...

GFP