incest! Super contraversial :o

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by exile54, Mar 23, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Luvs2splooj"']

Ok, and subliminally being turned on by it means your body doesn't give a shit, its your mind and the norms society has put into it that makes you say "no way, thats gross!".

When you say evolutionary safeguard you make it sound like something in our genes evolved to make us not attracted to family members. There's nothing like that.

I think your maybe just using the term evolutionary safeguard wrong. That is something biological.
    More precise would be cultural evolutionary safeguard. We evolved as a society and now consider it taboo to mate with family members. Probably because it's not good for the relationship your supposed to have with them and no good for our species.

That's probably why the deep deep south redneck stereotype people you hear about are more into it, they are more removed from our culture and just don't see it as wrong.

Only point I'm trying to make goes back to the other post I quoted about you making it sound biological...

Not many people around now think its normal, other than those that are extremely removed from society. I don't think being mentally healthy has anything to do with it, like I said many people in the past we would consider brilliant married(and I'm sure banged) their family members. Edgar Allen Poe married his (13 year old) first cousin. Roman emperor Caligula committed incest with his three sisters: Livilla, Drusilla, and Agrippina. Cleopatra's first marriage was to her brother.

Just sayin, its a society thing.

Again its not like I'm into it or anything. But if we all sat here and agreed with each other this thread would be pointless.
    Though, now I'm a bit disturbed to see that one of my longest and more detailed posts in a while is on this subject.[/quote]

Just to clarify, Poe and caligula were NOT right in the head