Incense!

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokinGirly, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Ok so I'm kind of in love with incense and I usually have some burning in my room
    I find it very soothing and will still burn some even if I'm not smoking..

I've been hearing from different sources (you can look it up if you want because I don't want to link it) that incense is actually harmful
    If anyone knows about this, I'd like to hear about it.

Because I've been using incense for a longggggggg ass time and that would be such a downer if I can get cancer from this...lol

but anyway, am I the only one who LOVES it? I will often times go to hippie stores, the ones with walls and walls of different incense and just get a whole bunch.
    whats yo favorite?

I dig the Nag Champa but everyone likes that....they have this Golden Nag Champa that I found at a head shop that is AMAZING

but I generally like ocean breeze or rainfall :D

2. Nag Champa is my favorite by far. I also like sandalwood, jasmine, midnight, golden nag... rose smells really nice too. i love those hippie shops, man :rolleyes:

i literally have incense burning 24/7.... LOVE IT

3. I personally love patchouli incense.

And I must say that it drives the ladies crazy :p

4. yeah patchouli is great too.... i burned a couple sticks in my car, and one fell through the AC vent... so whenever i have the heater on it smells like patchouli.... its awesome.

5. omg We're like two peas in a pod :D

lolz, what's your incense burner look like?

I just have one of those lame wooden slabs but it has a ying yang on it...

I want one of those cool dragons that the smoke comes out of the nose.
    gawd Im sucha dork :)

6. [​IMG]

This isnt mine but mine looks exactly like it.

7. I have a small collection myself :]

Several dozen varieties.

8. ^^ wow man that thing is sick

does the smoke billow out of the trunk?

see... I want a cool one like that
    that's badassery :smoke:

I'm currently burning some Nag Champa too :cool:
    it really does put me in a better mood..

9. yaaaa it comes out of his mouth and the top of the trunk... its reall cool. however, i lost the stand you put the stick in, so i have to make one... tomorrow, i guess.

so this being said... i think we should like, get married... or something.;):love:

10. lol I'll have to think about it and I'm gonna have to get a pre nup :p

but if I'm ever in Denver we should smoke some ganj :D along with trikky and highchick!!!!

Denver smoke session :smoke: yea!

11. sounds like a plan.... trikky moved to CA tho:(

im down with a pre nup, as long as i get a beauty like yourself;)

12. All smoke is bad for the human body and some smokes are worse than others. MJ smoke hasn't been shown to cause cancer (from what I've read). Cigarette smoke takes years to give you cancer (and that's from smoking a pack a day). Incense smoke? Not that strong and I'd doubt you burn twenty a day. I think you'll be okay. You'll probably get over your incense fixation long before you would ever get sick from the smoke.

Disclaimer: I am a doctor, lawyer, Congressman, carpenter, and professional boxer so you can take all the advice I give you without a second thought.

13. i love fizzy pop incense...

i buy almost all my sticks and cones and powders in bulk from www.azuregreen.com

but theres this awesome little "newage" store that i love and i used to go there almost daily for this and that and the other thing while i was in middle/high school, but then i moved out of town and couldnt get there ne more...

though i DO need some things...*ponders*

14. Right now all I got is vanilla and a little bit of sandal wood. I might go to head shop soon and get a variety of different scents.

15. i stopped burnin incense years ago...i remember i was rockin the nah champa as well...i did it to cover the ganj but never just randomly.
    it would make sense one could get cancer cause if you watch, they really do let off a lot of smoke.

16. on that article only a kinda small percentage actually developed cancer... so who cares.

As long as your not sitting over your burner inhaling all the smoke like a nut you will be fine.
    Incense smells gooooooood as hell my ex used to light it before we had sex... idky but i was relaxing afterwards :D

17. it has linked to people at used it heavily for 12 years...

I think I'm in the clear :)
    plus I usually have a window open

meh. everything is linked to giving people cancer nowadays lol