Incan marble/stone pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Deadbeat Rat, May 12, 2016.

1. Well I've never really owned any nice pieces, have used the same gross metal one-hitter since I started smoking 2, 3 whatever years ago it was.. got a glass pinchie last summer, was cool until it rolled off a shelf and then I had to smoke out of the broken end all awkwardly.
    Bought a glass onie this winter, that cracked one day when I was cleaning it with a tobacco pipe cleaning tool.

So after using my gross onie for months, I finally decided to buy something somewhat equal to replace it. Glass is nice, but everyone has some unique looking glass pipe to the point where it isn't unique, and with my luck it'll break.
    I looked into stone, it seems to produce the same quality smoke as glass only without the fragility and found this, it's handmade in Peru by people who's families have been crafting with stone for generations using a special type of Incan marble found in the Andes.
    Wow it's really beautiful, people say glass is better because of the styles and designs, yet the earth already made this marble stone full of interesting colors, the carving designs are minimal so gives it this look like I'll be smoking out of some ancient Incan priest's pipe.
    Only issue I can see is with the bowl being in the middle, I'm always paranoid that I'll singe my hair or nose!
    Can't wait to see how this little pipe rips

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Looks nice
    I've grow into a love/hate relationship with my metal one hitter...
    Hate it cuz it's a metal one hitter.
    Love it because a machinist friend custom made it for me
    (RiP mark...)
    My glass one hitters suffered the same fate as yours
    I did just pick up a one hitter made from Quartz
    Looks like a ciggy.
    Hits smooth.
    Your new pipe looks great!!!
    The flames a little too close for me to enjoy the smoke though.
    Let us know how it performs
    Peace n love

3. I feel your pain. I won't do glass, after wasting at least a grand on breaking and cleaning up the shards. Most metal is sketchy and then fancy ones are too weak and thin, and will bend and deform from bumps and drops.

I've done stone, but found them to still be fragile, and seem to chip from people whacking it on the ashtray or ground to clear the ashes. I also found it hard to clean stone, and some stone chips away if you scrape it. If the hole in the bottom of the bowl isn't drilled perfectly, it really messes up the air flow. You usually still need to use a screen.

4. Yes, i went to mexico city last october and found people selling stone pipes at the base of the sun and moon pyramids. Of course, i had to buy 3 of them lol. Kept 2 for my self and gave one to my brother. The one i gave to my brother is white stone spoon pipe with a skull as the bowl piece. The other one is a regular spoon pipe and the last one is a cat or tiger of some sorts. I'll try and get some pics later