inbreeding?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RobertHope, Dec 24, 2008.

1. im gonna grow lowryder#2 next year and i was wondering if it whould be ok to polinate 1 plant really good and grow it for seeds so i dont have to buy them again. Is this ok? will they be negatively affected by the inbreeding? and will i have to wait longer for the seeds to fully devlope? Will i end up with plants with bad genes?

2. Thy r plants not humans lol!! Rofl

3. for real i need an answer

4. No, thats common practice when you wanna make more seeds from plants you like... Pick a vigorous male outta the bunch, and the best looking female and pollenate. Its way more of a pain in the ass than cloning though. For real. Just take a couple cuttings off the female plant you like best and grow one or two to keep as mothers... keep em in veg state then just take cuttings off them for as long as you want. Making seeds is real easy if you wanna do the whole crop, but seeding just one can be tough. If you do seed one, separate it from the crop. By a lot. Pollen gets fucking everywhere. Its actually got magic in it. No matter how careful you are its still possible to seed the whole crop and get no good buds come harvest time... Im tellin ya, cloning is the way to go.

5. ya but cloneing with low ryders? kinda seems faster to just plant seeds.

6. Like I said, do your thing, but be careful. I've seeded a whole crop on accident. It sucks. A lot. On a positive note, I should never have to buy seeds again... got about a billion of em off 25 plants. That being said, I still have started cloning anyways because I hate havin to look for and kill males. I've always been taught bros before hoes and it just doesnt feel right.

Anyway, if you're decided that you're gonna seed, its pretty straightforward. Just be totally sterile with everything you do. Wash your face and hands before you go into your female grow room. You really need to separate the male and female you're breeding from the others or you'll have problems.

Good luck man! I've never grown low ryder but I hear its nice.

7. Oh, and the unknown strain I grow is really slow to root when cloning, so I just start rooting my clones about a month or six weeks before I harvest. That way they're rooted and vegging by the time I chop my other ladies.

8. If the plant goes straight into flowering from seed, how can you clone it?

9. You cant. If you want to grow LR alot, put a boy and girl in a cabinet and let the boy blow his big wad all over that bitch... you now have plenty of LR seeds.

10. i think ima build another little cab just for some lowryder sex. Ill have barry Manalo playin in there 24/7.