inahle vs no inhale

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by JJdkl23, Mar 21, 2009.

1. #1 JJdkl23, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    how many of you dudes didn't inhale the first time you smoked? i didn't and have not been for about a year, and i still have been getting really, really high. does it make that big of a difference to just smoke weed like a cigar?

EDIT: im aware this is not the correct section, but the forums outside of here get like no action, so i dont really care

2. If you don't inhale you won't get high dude. You probably are inhaling and just don't know it.

3. not really bro, i have gotten crazy high just taking the hit straight to the lungs and exhaling without taking an extra breath

4. You're inhaling.

5. Not true, you can get high not inhaling but you don't absorb as much of the active chemicals as you do inhaling them.

6. No offense but that is a dumb statement you NEED to inhale in order to get high.

7. ^ NO you do not dude. i have inhaled a few times and i usually don't, and believe me, i have gotten really really fucked up before. no chance i was imagining it.

• Like Like x 1

8. strike 3 you're out. xD

9. Thats still inhaling, not inhaling would be to only have the smoke in your mouth before breathing out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. If you can get high from not inhaling can you get high from sticking pot brownies in your mouth and then spitting them out? YOU'RE INHALING:smoking:

11. Mouth-Smoking Cannabis
    by Earth Erowid
    December 2001
    Erowid Extracts #2
    Citation: Erowid, Earth. "Mouth-Smoking Cannabis". Erowid Extracts. Dec 2001;2:22.
    One of the primary health issues with cannabis is the effect of smoke on the lungs. While the risks from long term cannabis smoking are not fully understood, it is assumed by most health professionals that inhaling smoke into the lungs over long periods of time carries increased risks of lung problems. For people with very sensitive lungs and those who are using cannabis as part of a treatment for serious disease, smoking cannabis can be difficult and hard on the body.

Acute effects can include wheezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, and increased mucus production leading to more coughing.

Medium term effects can include decreased lung capacity for exercise, increased respiratory and throat infections, and chronic coughs. Many people (especially asthmatics) experience so much wheezing and chest discomfort that it's not worth the effects.

While some users turn to ingesting cannabis orally, eating cannabis has some downsides which make it unattractive as a replacement for smoking such as difficulty setting dosage, reduced "high", increased sedation, and dramatically increased duration.

One solution to these problems (Zam 1997, 2001) is to avoid using the lungs to extract the cannabinoids from the smoke. Using a technique called "mouth-smoking" or "puffing" commonly used for tobacco cigars, the smoker uses a pipe or joint (not a bong or vaporizer) and pulls smoke into the mouth, holding it there for 30-60 seconds, and then blows it out through the mouth or nose. The lungs are not used, but instead one sucks on the pipe as if drinking through a straw.

Mouth-smoking is not as efficient as lung-smoking and requires approximately 3 times the material for the same level of effect, but for some people efficiency is not an issue.

Many potent varieties of cannabis flowers available around the world in the 1990s and 2000s are so strong that a single lung hit is too much for many people. Using a less Mouth-smoking has amusing implications for President Clinton's comment: "I didn't inhale".

efficient method can be a practical way to better titrate dosage. With high potency cannabis, a single mouth hit is enough for most people to feel effects. With low potency cannabis, several mouth hits may be required to reach threshold effects.

Pipes and joints reportedly work best for mouth-smoking. While bongs and vaporizers can make lung-smoking less problematic, even a good vaporizer can cause unpleasant lung problems in many people. Most water pipes and vaporizers don't work well for mouthsmoking because it's difficult to pull the required volume with the mouth alone, so many mouthfuls are needed to achieve effects.

Blowing out through the nose is one way to increase efficiency of mouth-smoking, but it can also irritate the sinuses and nasal mucosa. Cannabis users who are extremely sensitive report that blowing out the nose can trigger irritating allergic feelings and discomfort.

Many users are incredulous that cannabis can be smoked without ever pulling into the lungs. Cannabis users with high tolerance report that it can be hard to get their desired effects levels with mouth smoking, but higher potency materials (extract, oil, hash, kief, etc) can be used where necessary to achieve therapeutically useful levels. Some users also report difficulty remembering not to inhale the smoke. As the effects increase, vigilance wanes and lapses in technique are common. With practice, smokers report that they are able to avoid inhaling smoke and can achieve adequate effects without the need to involve their lungs.

Proof from erowid

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. if you are talking about inhaling as in taking a breath after you take the hit then yea that is not absolutly neccessary.

but yea i always take that extra breath to make sure i get everything down.

but if you dont need that then you should be able to take bigger rips than if you did so more power to you.

13. why are you spending money on weed if youre not inhaling it Mr. Bill Clinton?

14. cause i still get really ripped! shit man i guess i just have no tolerance

15. #15 emazing, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    I inhale it straight into the lungs. Quit being a panzy and inhale that shit like a man; you will not die, I assure you. :p If you can't handle something as serene as a full marijuana high from inhalation then I suggest you quit altogether.

16. i can inhale easily, but ive been toking up for about a year without inhaling and still getting super duper stoned.

17. wtf? It's basically impossible to get blazed without taking smoke into your lungs, aka inhaling. That is where the chemicals are taken into your bloodstream and sent to the brain. Dummy

18. i think its just because when i do smoke i take hits until my lungs are completely full, i just dont take the extra breath

19. You must be super duper sensitive to the THC molecule and immune to building tolerance then.

You must be inhaling because it just sounds completely unlikely that you're getting 'super duper stoned' from just retaining the smoke in your mouth.

Either that or I'm just a very big fan of having smoke in my lungs.. I get so excited at the feeling of just taking a nice hit to my lungs and waiting for the onset.

20. read this!!!!!