Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In what direction do you corner a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VladTepes, May 10, 2011.

1. Well, Pretty much everyone who smokes from a bowl knows to corner it (I hope..)
    When you're by yourself or even in a group, what direction do you corner the bowl? Clockwise, counter-clockwise? half and half?
    How many times do you try to get a nice green hit before you cash it?

Personally, I usually light the top right of the bowl and move clockwise for each hit.

2. lol really? it doesnt matter at all. All i can say is, however many people there are smoking, thats how many times you cut it. Ive smoked out of a bong with 5 friends, and we managed to corner it enough to have greens for all 6 of us.

Usually the side next to the power hitter gets lit last though...

3. I know it doesn't matter...I'm just wondering which way people usually do it themselves, gosh.

:smoke:

4. This is gonna sound dumb but, I smoke in my backyard and there is usually a light breeze so the wind effects the flame. I'll hit the bowl for the second time depending on where the flame hit the first time. If I was in my truck blazing, i'd prolly smoke 2 green hits and then clear the rest/bottom. Moving left to right I guess?

5. Uh... I've never heard of cornering a bowl. What does that mean?

6. Have the OP explain, he knows alot about it :D

7. It means, when taking a hit you only light a fraction of the bowl rather than torching the whole thing. This way, you're most likely guaranteed to get a nice green hit :)
    ALWAYS corner it when you're smoking with others...

8. When I corner I hit whatever is green. I only blaze by myself though so it doesn't really matter.

9. I honestly don't know. Now you've made me curious. I'll report back after my next bowl.

10. When I try to corner, more bud gets burned then I aim for. How do I just get a little bit at a time? Don't wanna look like I'm hogging

11. Waiting for your response DopeThrone ;D

And, when it comes to cornering, Eh I can't really give suggestions, Just tilt the lighter a certain way and inhale :p
    It also depends on the size of the bowl. I find it's easier to corner the bowl on the right side (holding the lighter in my right hand)
    Give it time/practice, you'll get the hang of it.

12. This is entirely silly, no offence.
    I always start from the right side. though.
    Cause even though I'm ambidexterous, there's certain things I do with certain hands. Masterbate with the left, light up with the right. :)

13. Hah, just smoked a bowl............for science! I light the left, then the right, then whatever's left.

14. Hm. Around here we don't corner the bowl. The first person gets the green hit, as a sort of bonus or favour. Usually it's the person who chipped the most / wanted to get high. It'll usually change every session.

Nobody's ever had a problem with the system, so nobody's ever done anything about it. Cornering. Interesting.

15. #15 Shanx420, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    I was gunna say left to right, but thinking about it it, it's more like clockwise starting from the left.

Usually I'll light the left, then the top, then the right, then I just torch it cause it's black.

I corner bowls even by myself though. I believe it's more efficient. Capping the bowl with two fingers after you're done inhaling helps too.

16. It's not necessary, but it's nice, the more green hits the better.

17. Research all in the name of science! ;)

Well, As long as the people around you don't mind the system you currently have, great! :D

But I do know of some people getting pretty pissy if others don't corner. It all depends on the situation, never hurts to ask when toking with new people though ;)

18. corner your bowls like shit goes down in the bedroom, hit that shit from all directions:yay::yummy::ey::metal:

19. I don't corner bowls.

I pull them through like a man.