In the Market for Full Spectrum L.E.D. or CMH.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mongolianmonkeynuts, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Did you use same medium and ingredients for the grows you posted above ?

2. All plants are currently in 7 gallon smart pots of homemade organic soil. I’m going back to Hydro next run with 2 gallon smart pot hempys

3. [​IMG]

Did you Buy or Build this Aluminum bracket?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Built using 3/4x3/4x1/8” aluminum angle from Home Depot

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you so much man. Getting ready to drop the ball on the new lights.

Either ill go with the 320 XL or d.i.y.

Do you think 3 qb96 is overkill for a 2x4? Well, actual dimensions of the Tent is 2 feet 3 inches x 4 feet 6 inches.

6. Dove deep into your forums and links and saw some other dude add some Far-RED diode.

[​IMG]

So AWESOME. Very excited about this project.

7. Growbright has a 4’ bar that provides way more far res than that for about $150.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Two is perfect. My plants love them in my 2x4. And these are in soil with 1300 ppm feeds twice weekly. 42” tall and lollipopped. Should be some forearm sized colas in a few weeks. That grandpas Stash is packing it on already

C5EA7166-4820-4FEA-B75B-74C83381DF79.jpeg 73BFF04A-4219-4F87-AECA-757574501917.jpeg 2BA3A20A-4C40-4D16-B943-FFBA52FFC0C3.jpeg

9. NOICE! I'm just about ready for Harvest. They've been in 24hour darkness for 3 days. I will get started tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. You've been a lot of help Soil2Coco

• Like Like x 3
  11. Im about to switch from a 1000 de hps to a 630 double lamp cmh in a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #32 TheQuibbler, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I have a 600W Meizhi light ($150), 250watt from the wall (alittle less than the advertised 275).
    The light in the picture is a Secret Jardin TLED26 ($90), using it for seedlings, supplement for flower, and for pictures. Don't feel the secret jardin was worth the money.

I am pretty happy with the yield I got from my last grow.
    Got a 2x2 closet grow room. Grew a single plant, 10 weeks veg, 8 weeks flower, 7oz of dry bud.

Getting a new 300W Meizhi, advertised for 2x3ft grow room, and should run 125watt from the wall.
    I am then going to see excatly how much a difference in yield I can get from just excatly doubling the watt/sqft. Since I have a pretty large supply of bud for personal use :)

Picture is from last week before Harvest. More pictures at my grow diary.
    TheQuibbler grower profile - GrowDiaries

[​IMG] .

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'v never heard of Hempy's. EVER .Very Unique and Interesting. Would love to see your approach on this.

Also, I'm about to place an order for 2 QB96's . Fuck it. Just did. Where's the best place to Buy the Driver?

14. I'v never heard of Hempy's. EVER .Very Unique and Interesting. Would love to see your approach on this.

Also, I'm about to place an order for 2 QB96's . Fuck it. Just did. Where's the best place to Buy the Driver?

15. HLG-320H-54a or if you want more available power, HLG-480H-54a per two boards.

Mouser, Meanwell Online, Digikey, etc

16. Wow, Can they really handle up to 240watts each?

17. With active cooling but if you get an A series driver it has current (I/o) and voltage dimming. The voltage can’t be adjusted much as the boards have a small volt range. The current dimming will dim by about 50%.. I would shoot for 200 watts each. You can get one of these to wire in to the output side of the driver before the boards.

www.amazon.com/bayite-6-5-100V-Display-Multimeter-Voltmeter/dp/B013PKYILS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1546971811&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bayite+dc&psc=1

• Like Like x 1
  18. So. I went with Arrow.com Electronics for the Driver.
    HLG-480H-54A: $129.99 ... $142.22 with Shipping.

Bought it Last Week Tuesday, the 8th, Along with 2 qb96 Engines. The driver literally got here the Next day. Super Fast! Got the Engines yesterday. However, as I actually "REALLY" looked at the driver, to my dismay, it wasn't a 54a. It wasn't adjustable! How could i have missed that?!? Chatted with someone via their LiveChat and quickly got a refund AND I GOT TO KEEP THE Freaken' DRIVER! Dude, talk about customer service!

So, with 142.22 back in my paypal account ( and i checked, its there ) what's a kid to do???

Will definitely need a driver ASAP. Wanted to switch to Flower this week. Wondering if I should just get a 320H-54 by tomorrow, if i order by 5pm, and get 3 more Engines to run on the 480H. OR just get another 480H, hopefully adjustable, and dial it down to 400w for the 2 engines i have now? Will definitely have more flexibility with an adjustable 480. I smoked a bowl halfway through this post so i hope i make sense by the end of it. Ok i'm done. Free 480H driver! YAY!

19. pPic wioud be nice. Notice that the label on packaging says 54A. Driver doesn't.