In the market for a new portable

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Connor24, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Okay so i'm fairly new to the vaping world.  I've vaped a few times in the past and found myself enjoying it way more than smoking.  My friend has let me borrow his solo for the past couple weeks and although i really enjoy it, I don't want the same thing he has.  I've been doing some research and feel like I have narrowed it down too either the DaVinci Ascent, The firefly, The mflb and Pinnacle pro.  Cost is no issue, all of these are good size wise to me.  I would like some opinions on them from your experience with them and also maybe ive looked over a different portable better than these.  I look forward to joining the vape world.  :ey:

2. Man, you got some great choices there.     Have you been over to FC and checked out their portable forum?   Lots of comparative reviews on all those.

I had the Ascent but sold it.    Didn't like that it was conduction based and constantly cooked my herbs between hits.   Also didn't like that it didn't do well with small loads without putting in glass screens or cotton to keep the bud from flying around inside the bowl.

I've had my MFLB for almost 5 years now and love it.   It's in constant rotation with my LSV

Like the FireFly being that it is convection based and will only apply heat when inhaling.   Great taste and vapor production.

No experience with the Pinnacle, but a lot of people really like it.

3. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Pinnacle Pro has issues with melting mouthpieces and WT adapters. Avoid it until they correct those issues.

5. Which one would you recommend? I'm hoping to place my order today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. If you're looking for dry herbs i'd get a PAX if you can afford it. If you're looking for concentrate your own build would probably suit best.

The FireFly if you have the $, otherwise the MFLB.

I cannot comment on the Ascent though - I've never seen one in person.

8. Thanks, went with the firefly a couple hours ago. Can't wait for it's arrival.

9. #9 lwien, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014

I wouldn't simply because it's conduction based with no way to instantly remove the heat to stop it from cooking your herbs in between hits as well as when it is in the process of heating up which results in more smell, deteriorating taste after the first few hits as well as not being very efficient. 

btw, the same thing applies to the Ascent, although the Ascent has an all glass vapor and air path which helps with the taste.

10. Ascent does the conduction cooking thing better than the Pax does.

In my humble opinion.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Agreed.

12. #12 Nothern Lights, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    DUDE, PAX BY PLOOM!!!!!! GET IT, ITS FUCKEN AMAZING

13. Why not get the Solo if you liked it?

Just cause your friend has one?

14. Me and a few of my buddies are all getting different ones to expierement with to see which one we find as our favorites. Nothing against the solo, just what we were looking to do.