In the ghetto with ice & blue cheeze

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by blakeshouse, May 9, 2011.

1. Yeah I spend 80 on umbrella and cord at local hyrdro shop. I still have the receipt somewhere. The other day as part of the ballast deal, I was going to toss in the reflector and additional socket and cord for 40 bucks.

I'm not too sure if you could get it quite that cheap on ebay.

Mine is at least 7 months old though, you could get something a lot newer from ebay, and then put it together which is the fun part. That is what I personally would do.

Would a umbrella reflector give you more coverage, YES 100% more coverage, it throws light all over the place. It's actually amazing. I have 2 umbrella reflectors. One for the 400 watt ballast and 1 for the 1,000 watt. You wanna see stretch put a umbrella reflector over your plants they WILL stretch.

2. well not right now but maybe when I get done with this run I'll have a few bucks to get one in time for the kush

3. Today is day 16 of 12/12. Ice#2 has what could loosely be called buds, the other 2.......well they do have hairs but way behind what #2 is looking like. All my numbers are looking good but has been cool here so using very little water right now.

Doing a yard sale today so this has taken me an hour or so to get this far. If I get the chance I will get some new pix up later

4. I did take a few new pix of the ghetto. The first.....Do You think I need to worry about light leaks?
    then as always #1 #2 BC full screen

Attached Files:

5. Omg yes light leak's will turn those ice girls hermi.

6. When the lights go out at 8 the garage is locked and is not opened again till 8 the next morning
    Well today and tomorrow the lights were on and xtra half hr due to setting up the yd sale

7. OMG, :eek::eek:

Look at all that room you have in your garage!!!! Jesus I could have a huge roomy grow op going in there with ease. Jesus I guess only using the 430 watter there is no real reason to push a much bigger room. I would die for a garage that size, I would buy a large roll of panda plastic, then get pvc piping for the tent frame so to speak run the panda plastic all the way around the frame and use cardboard to staple the plastic to the roof, then buy a few zipper sets from the local hydro store. You could have a awesome light free grow room with just those things, then pick up a few more lights.

1. Panda Plastic
    2. Cardboard
    3. Staples
    4. Pvc pipe for frame

8. I'm not sure what to tell you, but watch for little ball sacks. The Ice strain turned Hermi on me two separate times for nothing more than light leaking in through the crack on the ceiling . The crack I had was very slight but was not noticed for about 6-7 days, it killed me. I believe we discussed light leaks and Ice in particular. (CROSS YOUR FINGERS BRO)
    :confused:

9. #109 blakeshouse, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
    I'm watchin but I'm not worried. When that light goes out at night that garage is pitch dark. As far as what you were talking, yeah I know but like I've told ya livin hand to mouth. Maybe next go round we'll see......
    It is, after all "The Ghetto"

10. few shots of bertha

Attached Files:

11. She looks great bro. Still not quite finished but getting there quickly. :D

Look at those trich's :eek:

12. Another month of 2011 has come and gone. As the time marches forward my girls continue to amaze me. Nineteen days of 12/12 cycle and they are all starting to get sexy!!!!!! I was worried about #1 dictating the height of my canopy,......Turns out to have been an unfounded worry. Now #2 is the smallest of the 3. #1 has shot up and is trying its damnedest to keep up with the BC, which has kicked in its sativa heritage and been stretching all weekend.
    Nothing uncontrollable just a couple inches but #1 has been doing her indica showing best to keep up!!! Her stems are all the size of standard #2 pencils and huge growing heads. #2 was still out the gate first and seems to be further along than either of the other 2 but she stopped getting taller to put her energy into the buds and they seem to be building heavy from the screen up.

So without further ado........ same order but after plant shot of each is a bud of each so 2 pix per plant before the screen shot

Attached Files:

13. Keep going bro dont worry I had Ghettoer grows if thats a word as I was a sick college student when I started. But you save lots of money growing your own. And your girls look great.

14. thanks for the vote of confidence bro. Ghetto days been happening for 2 yrs now. Stay tuned in the magic is just starting to happen

15. Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice man. I'm in the ghetto now. Don't shoot me. I shoot back. :p

16. The beginning of week 3 @12/12 is starting off with a growth spurt by all the girls:hello: so I figured I would snap a few new shots and put em up.

Attached Files:

17. #117 blakeshouse, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
    Well a little horse trading with a neighbor and I came up with a 48" umbrella reflector for the ghetto. It had been "WELL" used, has a few dents in it and was scratched to shit, missing screws.

Took some cleaning some new screws, sand paper and a can of Krylon white spray paint but it aint looking too bad right now. Another coat of paint when this last one dries and then I can pull my little bat wing light and switch over the wiring and such and have it ready to have at lights on tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see the difference in light spread with this monster over my 36x36 screen.

Still looking to figure out how I am gonna suspend it, but when lights go out tonight I am going to install the socket from my batwing and see how I need to drill for chains on it. I will have 12 hrs to get it figured out and ready for tomorrow morning so I should come up with something. Maybe just the removable clips from my current system if I can find a way to attach em.:wave:

Maybe someone can tell me if the socket for HPS and MH are the same. I would think so, just the ferequency of the ballast is what is different if i am not mistaken

18. Yep the sockets are the same for our purposes. Industrial bulbs is where you get variation in sizes.

19. Your a handy guy, you will appreciate these links, there are more in my sig:

McMaster-Carr

Lighting - Grainger Industrial Supply

Lighting | Fastenal

These are uber large industrial suppliers, you can find great equipment at great prices through these places. Lots of people don't know them. Because of the trade I am in, I know many of these suppliers. Highest quality stuff.

20. dude they are looking great, looks likr you are getting the hang of the new camera