In the ghetto with ice & blue cheeze

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by blakeshouse, May 9, 2011.

1. All sorts of bud sites. Let the magic begin, that screen looks great. :metal:

2. Look even better if I kept my fat arm out of the way..Just noticed that!!!!:D

Calling the grow my best effort
    EVER

3. so heres Bertha bud. its just about time to start flushing, the pix dont really show the hairs turning, but they are.

And dont worry you know i will be sending some your way,

Attached Files:

4. Hell I'd be happy with the trim for hash:D

5. Hey there stinkiefingers, have you checked out the trichomes yet? IMO I wouldnt flush for another 7-10 days, that bad girl looks like she is 2 weeks out minimum. Dont start flushing until you see at least 15-20% amber trich's. Of course I am not there and cannot really determine what is what, but I would not start flushing just yet. Leave the nutes running strong for at least another week, then cut them back or flush in 7-10 more days. You start flushing now, you might lose quite a bit of potency overall, Bertha looks great let her grow for a little while longer.

6. well the the trichomes are cloudy right now, the pics dont really show the pistels turning.
    and you might be right , by letting it go a little longer. only time will tell. i let every one know before i chop her down. the best i have is a 3x magnifying glass, it works.

7. Looking good guys looking good.

8. No, No , No bro, there is no way you can see trich's with a 3x. You need at least a 60x. I picked up a cheap 15 dollar 60-100x lighted magnifying glass, I thought I was able to see trichs with a eye loop but I was dead wrong. If you have a nice camera you can shoot a super close macro shot, then crop it to a tiny portion of the plant and you can see trichs that way too. I used to just totally judge off of hairs and more or less guessing and then I had a few people hammer me and tell me what the hell are you thinking check this out, they broke out their magnifying glass and showed me just how far off my plants really were and explained how much growth and everything I was missing out on. Anyway I am by all means not telling you what you can or cannot see, if I were to look with a 3x I couldnt possibly determine true trich colors.

9. With a 3x you can see this?

Attached Files:

10. Love the post bro, Was telling him the same thing last yr. weather dictated that tho. Radio Shack has a good one cheap if they got the Shack way the hell over there at the edge of the earth

11. #91 Medicinal-Tommy, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
  12. I had thought not too long ago that the more indica looking Ice#1 was going to be the earliest finisher (post # 76) but Ice#2 is crowning big time while #1 isn't as of yet.
    I am amazed at how little trouble I have had so far in keeping the canopy even, although it looks today like BC is wanting to stretch now. Nothing outrageous but a couple growing tips are popping their heads above the rest.
    No matter I am on cloud nine with the way this is going. One thing I am going to be hoping is that the 400Wer I am using will make nice tight nugs, mihgt tend to piss me off if this beautiful effort turns out to be airy fluffy stuff

13. 400 watt lights are not known for being enough light to make a hard bud unless your strain's description says very hard nugs. Even then with a 400 watter I would be tickled pink if they came out as tight hard buds.

For a 400 watt grow op you couldn't ask for much more than what you are getting, you are doing phenomenal with what you have. If you get hard rock solid or tight nugs consider yourself lucky.

I don't think you will ever get a huge stretch with the lumens your putting out. If you put a 1,000 watter over the same plants in another grow, you would in my opinion get 4 or maybe even 5 times the stretch you will ever get with a 400 watt bulb. Its such a huge difference its not even describable.

With all that said, have you checked the description of Ice, and B.C.? Do they talk about Hard Nugs? Bud density has a lot ot do with genetics, then lighting is equally as important. There are a few supplemental nutes like GRAVITY that claim to push tighter harder nugs. I call bullshit on that one. The closer the buds are to your light the harder they will be especially in your case(430 watt light) I remember bro, I just dont think it would make much of a difference if it was 500.

I promise you running even a 600 watt hortilux bulb vs 430 enhanced spectrum. You will see IMO double the results and we are technically only speaking 170 more watts. With a 600 watt HPS your nugs would be rock hard.

:D

14. I'll LET you loan or buy me a 600 if ya want:D Hell I'd settle for another 400

15. #95 Medicinal-Tommy, May 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2011
    I'll tell you what, I have a PFO Dual Eye 400 watt ballast, and 2 cheesy reflectors with cords, and two used 400 watt bulbs. I would sell you the whole setup for 140.00. The ballast alone was 275.00 up until it was discontinued about 3 months ago.

I ended up buying this vertical reflector and changed the cord and reflector to one of the plugins, easily can be changed back.

Or I would sell all 3 reflectors and cords and ballast for 180. The reflector and new cord cost me something like 80 bucks. Its a vertical umbrella reflector. The reflector is huge, the light sits in it vertically. It spreads the lumens of a 400 watt bulb all over the place. Pretty amazing actually.

This single ballast can run 2 400 watt lights independently on two different timers, or use the same ballast for 2 different rooms.

PFO 400 Watt Dual EYE Metal Halide Ballast

19" Hydroponic Grow Light Gull Wing Reflector Hood | eBay

4ft Hydroponic Grow Light Vertical Umbrella Reflector | eBay
    I went t5 for veg, so it is a piece of equipment I could part with.

As far as loaning equipment, not for me bro. Wouldn't you hate yourself if something went out and you needed a replacement and you knew you loaned it out, or problems arise and its just too hard to get something back that is in use. Honestly not being a dick even if you were my neighbor I dont think I would loan out equipment. Its just not worth dealing with all the scenario's.

When I upgrade I sell the old stuff, or store it for backup just in case something gives out.

16. No offense taken at all bro.:D Loaning can be a pain in the ass. Was just kidding about it. If I had the money I would take you up on the offer to buy it tho:wave:

17. The write up on Ice says dense nugs the write up on BC says compact round nugs. Last yrs was pretty dense so we will see

18. Hope you get some good nugs bro @ tommyarmour I your willing to ship to NJ know someone who is willing to buy it all from you. I need to fix or build a hood a freind gave me I have the hood and glass so I need a ballast and light or am I wrong would I have to rewire the whole thing?

19. As far as shipping to NJ, probably not I know the united states postal service has cheap shipping as long as the items fit in their boxes. The ballast would have to fit in one of their boxes. Or it would cost a small fortune to ship it.

20. You really think I would be more effective with an umbrella? I wondered about that before then just forgot it. I was uncertain how well something that size would do with a 400. Considering my screen is 36x36 I guess that I would almost HAVE to get better coverage. Not that I can afford it but it would be just as cheap to get it from ebay as you.