Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In search of stoners to test drive new website

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hash1, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Hey guys im looking for some stoners to help test drive my new web 2.0 site which is for us stoners. Its a social site where you can share pick up picks, videos, pretty much what ever you want. You can also follow other users sort of like twitter but for stoners. :smoking:

If you would be interested in sort of test driving it with me and would be willing to report any bugs if you happened to find them that would be totally awesome. You can pm me to get some more info or check out my sig.

Thanks GC

2. No offense, but The City serves pretty much all of those functions and is hosted on U.S. Gov't - proof servers.

3. Thats cool. I can't also have a community? Which is totally different in so many ways.

4. definitely this. That's a big issue, to me anyways.

I'll help you though man, like I'll definitely check it out and report bugs, but I may not post toooo much info on it.

5. #5 hash1, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    Appreciate it. I can assure my servers are pretty secure. Perhaps I will have to check into something even more secure to let users know there ok.

6. After viewing the site, it's exactly like Twitter. I haven't really had a in-depth look at it, but what's different to it? What will your site actually do?

7. Thats a great question and im glad you asked. My site is different in a few ways. I created it to be some what like twitter but it has its differences. I will be constantly developing and updating with never before seen features aimed solely at the stoner community.

Rather than aimed at the whole world its just for us stoners.

I hope this has answered your question.

8. However secure your servers are, I can assure you that the government will have no trouble accessing them. Hell, I doubt even GC's servers are government-proof, unless that's supposed to mean that it would be illegal for the government to access the information stored on the servers. And even then, the fact that something is illegal has never stopped the government before. ;)

9. you pretty much just said "its gonna be like twitter but better in the future" lol :)

10. Hehe I guess it sounded like that. What I meant to say was it will be constantly updated with new unique features. Its my on-going project and its really a blast to work on because well... its for stoners.

So if you want to compare it to twitter I guess you could call it the stoners twitter packed with stoner love.

Its got that special stoner touch, you know like that buddy who makes the bomb pot brownies.

11. yea idk, grasscity covers it for me i guess, but if it works out for you yay!

12. GC's servers are based in the Netherlands where pot is legal, so the US/Canadian government can't track our I.P. addresses, or something along those lines.

13. I'll check for bugs and whatnot but I feel much safer posting on a site with its IP hosted in Amsterdam

14. Thanks! Ill check on some offshore hosting in the Netherlands and also some backups probably in Sweden(They have always been great with with holding any private info).

I appreciate the feedback this is what will help make the site even better.

Ill keep you guys updated.

15. Cannabis remains a controlled substance in the Netherlands and both possession and production for personal use are still misdemeanors, punishable by fine.

It's not legal bro. And the legality of pot has nothing in the Netherlands has nothing to do with the servers hosting GC.

Anyway, to the maker of the website, when you get some more features going, I'll take a look.

16. Yeah man, definitely try to look into that.

That's my only worry, other than that sounds like a sweet idea!
    :smoke:

17. Looks aight...could've thought of a better name though...PotStoners,really?I don't know anyone besides cops who call weed "Pot"...Good luck with it though.

18. not 100% legal. just tolerated. i think you can have up to 5 grams or 5 plants and you cant smoke in public but if you are the owner of a hash bar it is legal to sell. and something about it being legal to carry because if the police stop you its illegal for them to search you.

19. PotStoners is actually an inside joke back from highschool. One of my buddies would always arrive in calculus blazed out of his mind. The teacher then started calling him that "damn potstoner"

20. Haha,I guess that's why,cuz a teacher thought of it.