In search of quality - fully composted chicken manure within 100 miles of central Connecticut.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Organicveg, Feb 19, 2018.

1. I have been searching for fresh - quality - fully composted chicken manure in Connecticut or just over the boarders of central CT into RI, MA and NY and I am not finding what I need. Most big box stores carry it but will not deliver to stores near me. I can find it online, but the shipping cost is insane. I am most interested in buying and picking it up myself from a local organic chicken/egg farm. My research also indicates Sup'R Green and Mother Earth composted chicken manure are quality products but I can't seem to find a retailer within 100 miles. Does anyone know where I can find what I'm searching for? Thanks.

2. Why would you buy Chicken Shit?:laughing:

3. The successful old timer's all tell me its the best for tomato's and I have seen the results.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You can buy composted chicken shit off amazon. When its the only thing you can get, it works really well.

5. I'm with you now :laughing: i thought you just randomly wanted Chicken shit :laughing::laughing:

6. [​IMG]
    I've used Gardeners for years as that's what my local Lowes carries.
    Jerry 111165 uses what is local to him in Maine. Chickty Doo I think but ask him to be sure.
    A 1 pound coffee can per CF once per year keeps my outside site plants happy with just the right amount of N.
    4 plants per year in the same holes and re-amend once a yr.
    Toss in a 1/4 cup of Sulfur pellets or powder too to help combat the PH push all the high PH water I use that eventually shows in the plants.
    BNW

7. Thanks BrassNwood. I will call Lowes and find out if they will order for pickup. I already know they don't have any on hand.

8. If you're looking for locally sourced, organic, you may have to compost it yourself.
    The trade off being it will probably be free for the taking.

9. egg farm connecticut - Google Search

Try calling local egg farms in Connecticut. They may not have composted manure, but they probably have bulk if you pick it up. Chicken manure is about the only fertilizer I use.