In search of a quality vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by I Wayne, Jan 26, 2017.

1. If I'm not mistaken, I don't want a conduction vaporizer. Aren't those the cheaper ones? I want the true vaporizing one. I read a sticky in this forum and the problem is not many vaporizers identify what type of heating method is used, so I'm assuming most are the cheap kinds (i.e. not convection?).

I've been smoking my friends air riser vape and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's conduction or convection - there is no true details on the manufacture website. Can someone fill me in on this? I've also been looking at the crafty vape, but it's a bit too expensive for me. I'd prefer something around $150 or less if possible.

Thank you!

2. If you don't mind looking like you are sucking on a crack pipe look at the VapCap. For $35.00 it will fix you up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd say the G Pen Elite. very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Conduction vape = your herb is heated by contact with a hot surface (like a screen, bowl, or chamber)
    Convection vape = your herb is heated by hot air flowing over it as you inhale

There are excellent vapes in both categories, so my advice is to focus on choosing an individual vape with an excellent reputation.

7th Floor makes a couple of very nice pure convection vapes for around $150, Da Buddha (DBV) and Life Saber (LSV).

If you are looking for portable, I've had good experiences with Arizer vapes (Solo or Air).

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hitting my DBV right now. Been using it for several years with no complaints...

It's right in your budget. If I could start all over I'd snag the LSV but this unit works flawlessly.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Awesome, thanks for the replies everyone. I have sufficient information to make a decision now.

7. #7 TayeMega, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I personally own the Xmax V2 Pro and I can confidently say that it does not combust your herb. It's a budget vapor very good for herb and has the attachment cup for concentrates as well. Right now its going for $79.99 on puffitup but has a $20 promo code which drops it to $60. This is a nice vape for your first one, especially if you want to save some of that $150.

Another one that I would recommend, but not as stealthy but may be one of the best in the price range is the MFLB ($120)

8. You can pickup an On-demand convection vape for about $120 There is a vape called MistVape Touch and it has a list of people who want one, so you may have to decide how soon you want it.

Some of the choices available right now that come to mind are the Flowermate SwiftPro and the Boundless CFV for $220,

Another EXCELLENT choice would to pick up a piece of artwork at the same time as a vaporizer by buying a Milanaa. Milanaa is manufactured by Rastabuddatao.net. Currently you can pick up a Milanaa from 420edc.com or planetvaoe.com.

There are tons of more vape information (as well as a separate thread for each vape I mentioned) over at Fuckcombustion.com

• Like Like x 1
  9. The PAX2 vaporizer is what I use. They are about $280.

10. I own an MFLB (Magic Flight Launch Box), and completely love it. It is not only very easy to operate and has quite a few different attachment you can buy... But it is also and awesome unit for a blind person such as myself. Nothing fancy, just functional as hell. The only drawback I have found so far is it has a learning curve. Though it can be tricky at first, there are tons of videos on YouTube to help you. Add to that the fact that it has a true lifetime warranty on the box, and you have something that you truly cannot lose with. You can pick one up on eBay for about $70 to $80 and most have free shipping. Just be certain to get a maple, cherry or oak wood unit. Any other type of wood, like ash, are knockoffs. Most are brand new, and just like you had gone to6 the store in your area.
    Good luck and may God bless.

do not mess with a dragon,
    for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

• Like Like x 2
  11. Must be better than the original pax, mine is thrown in a drawer, waste of money. If the new models are that great, pax should
    Work with me on a trade in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. They are much better than the original. Theres a button on the top mouthpiece. You click that once and then hold it down for 3 seconds to adjust temperature. Then you can shake it to exit. If you shake it again while it's warming up or idle, it'll show the battery life. It's pretty neat!

13. While I like the changes made to the Pax2 and Pax3, I can't personally recommend one as they lost me after the Pax1. I use my wife as a baseline in seeing how "stinky" a vape is. The Pax failed that test with flying colors for me; this was due to the load being cooked all the time.

After the Pax, I stayed on the MFLB exclusively while trying out other vapes. I found the Firewood 2 and Firewood 3, and The Hammer. While I now have a desktop (E-Nano) which is my daily driver, I'll rotate between the portables so I don't get used to a vape for too long (and obviously the Firewood 3 replaced my Firewood 2). Those work for me, and have styling and functionality which work well for my technique.

As usual though, your mileage may vary.