In Response to marijuanakillsu

Discussion in 'General' started by Tbika, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Hm. Well, there was a member of this site for 1 post. His name was marijuankillsu. He made a thread here in the general section, giving us "facts" about marijuana, and calling us all drug adicts. The thread was pretty much immidiately shut down, and the user banned. I for one think that the thread should have been left over. He or she represents much of the oposition to legalization of marijuana. Closeminded, thinking they know everything. I think that when people come on here writing shit about how horrible marijuana is, we should just let them say what they want to say, and try to convince them otherwise, because the harsh reality is, thats the mentality of many people out there. If anything, its like good practice lol.

What do you guys think. Agree? disagree? unsure? stoned? ;)

2. oh...i thought he was banned because he called us all drug addicts...and name calling definately isn't allowed on GC.

dudes a d.bag.

3. you're all drug addicts

and d.bags

4. I don't think anybody should be banned after 1 post...

5. If people would read the rules and be kind to other members right off the bat, instead of making a negative impression, then perhaps they would not be banned after one post :p

6. I suppose...I figure let them get it out of their system...ban 'em if it continues, but you're the mod. Idk I guess I think some threads have been closed too early in the game, imo obviously.

7. I agree, it seems lately a lot of threads are getting closed earlier than they should in my opinion, but hey, you guys are mods for a reason.

Anyway, i know he insulted us, calling us drug addicts, but what do you expect. I think we should have given him some more time, and tried to explain to him why we smoke marijuana and why its not as harmful as he thinks.

8. yeah we should of let him talk some more wanna see how ignorant he could get. He talked about how marijuana kills but had no death statistics, of course kids use drugs some quit some keep going its like video games some play till there 50 some grow out of it. The only reason MJ isnt legal is cause Alcohol, cigarette, and pharmacudical companies would be broke but you all know that already.

9. The thing is he was probably just a troll. He saw the site, had his views set and came to bitch us out, then he probably would have left never to look at the thread again. Basically it would have ended up with 50 posts of us stating things we already know. It's just easier this way.

10. damn, you beat me to it.

This guy is right, seriously

11. What scares me is that this is the kind of 'knowledge' that influences the DEA to raid marijuana grow rooms, arrest smokers and penalize marijuana to the full extent of federal law.. And it is exactly the kind of knowledge that will extradite Marc Emery and allow him to rot, for life, in an American Federal Penitentiary.

I, for one, am not in a good mood when I think about that.

12. I'm the one who made the decision to kill the nonsense thread and ban the member. For those of you who question my decision, I've been here long enough to know what happens with those threads and those members who come here to spread their propaganda. I also see what you don't see and know when someone is a previously banned member and are here only to continue their immature nonsense.

I'm here to do what's best for the City whether you agree with my actions or not. The fact is that my decisions are final. SJ, the owner, made that decision, himself. I haven't dedicated so much of my time to the City and remained so incredibly loyal to Grasscity and SJ to hurt this place.

I've seen these people come here and disrupt our community with their hate and ignorance. I see threads such as that one turn into a big hate fest with the stoners defending themselves against the ignorance and unfortunately it's usually the stoners that show the majority of the hate. We don't need that drama here and I stopped it before it started.

The fact of the matter is that the City is for stoners not haters and if you guys want to post about how wonderful MaryJane is and want to debunk the lies that non-stoners believe then do it. Do it with your posts. I see a lot of threads out there that make me cringe and because of them I somewhat understand why the world is so against MaryJane and why there's the stigma that weed makes people stupid. On the other hand, though, we have a lot of threads that stimulate thought and that show the world how truly intelligent stoners can be. They show peacefulness, caring and love. They also show truth.

So, spread the truth about MaryJane as much as you like but don't expect me to allow someone who came here specifically to start bullshit with stoners to remain here.

13. ur right RMJL
    !!!

i LOVE WEED AND I ALWAYS WILL

and i am stonned ( firecrackers .... first time making them .. I LOVE THEM )

PEACE people

and peace on the forums !!!

14. I'm with rummy on this one.

Not to mention I think that guy was just a troll, and not actually here for intellectual debate... you know?