Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

in replace of a scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Savier, Nov 26, 2009.

1. So a friend fronted me about 7 grams and I'm wanting to use a scale but I don't have one is there anything that I can use In replace of one? I saw a scale on my iPod touch for the apps, how accurate are those?

2. if you have a canadian loonie, it's exactly 7.0 grams.

3. ^ Dude are you a former halo 2 player?

4. ^^^ Those iPod scales are complete BS as far as i know... not accurate ne way.. wouldnt trust it.If i were you i'd just try and eyeball it... But that Canadian Loonie is a good idea.

5. a U.S nickle is 4.9-5.1 grams

6. Hes not wanting to check if a scale is accurate, hes needing a scale.

7. u cant use anything else.. buy a cheap one on ebay for under 10$

or just eyeball 7 dubs

good luck

8. Depending on how desperate you are there is a way to make a homemade scale that accurately scales small amounts so you should be safe with the Q. There are probably better diagrams out there but if you want to research it more google "make homemade scale" and you should find more examples:)
    http://riceball.com/pictures/hangerscale.jpg

9. Yeah he said he would give me a scale but last night he said that his friend needed to quickly use it or something...

10. Just buy one dude.

11. You could buy a cheap (mechanical) postal scale for like 5 bucks but its not gonna be that accurate. Chances are you can buy a digital scale for less than 40 bucks which would be well worth the investment to make sure you don't get ripped off. If your looking for an alternative because your not 18 (yes I know that you have to be 18 to be on these forums, but not everyone follows that rule) I don't think you have to be 18 to buy a scale even if its in a headshop.

12. But you have to be 18 to enter a headshop....sometimes.

13. If you have a Circuit City or The Source near by, just take a stroll on in. I've bought mine from there, it's accurate but it's shitty quality. Make sure you get one that measures grams or ounces for like gold jewellery or something not the kitchen scales haha.

14. Circuit City is no more:(

also, i couldnt find a ipod scale without hacking it. i just dont think apple would want to promote the use of "pill" scales. not that they would really care, but u know...

15. I'm 18, I'm just a poor college freshman without any money to buy a scale...

16. There is no device in the itouch/iphone that can measure weights...why they even have "scale" apps in there, I have no idea.

17. Dude just MacGyver that shit. I took a series of paperclips and attached them to bags then placed pennies and dollars into one bag and then the nugs into the other till the amount balanced out. Of course the guy that was buying was there and saw me equal out an O into eighths and then made sure that it looked like an eighth or something I can't remember what he bought. Yea a dollar is 1 gram exactly.

18. #18 Epic702, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2009