In Need of Suggestions for optimal yields

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Danner, Jan 28, 2013.

1. #1 Danner, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
    Hi all, somewhat of a newbie here. I'm on my 2nd grow right now in soil and things have been going really good. First grow was slightly above disasteress lol with a bug problem I never took care of. Ended up with 2 oz. from 8 Jack Herers. I'm on 3rd wk of 12/12 for my 2nd soil grow and things are exploding. Took care of bug problem and things are lookin' really good with (4) mauis (1) green crack (1) headband and (2) void.

Right now I'm growing in soil in a 4x4 tent with 1k HID. I plan on expanding the operation by turning the tent into a veg tent with a 400w MH. I'm moving the flower operation into a 5x7 room in my basement. I plan on having the 1K hps on either a 3' or 4' light mover. My objective is to produce the absolute maximum yeilds with what I have in some sort of perpetual grow. I want to switch to a hydro system and I'm debating between building my own DWC under current system or Ebb&Flow system (these are the two systems that I've done the most research on and feel comfortable not only building but operating as well). I think my problem with an Ebb&Flow system is that my flower room is only 6' tall so vertical height is very limited. With the DWC uc system it sounds like I'll be using quite a bit more water than the Ebb&Flow and water temp. is an added problem to the system.

So to cut-to-the-chase I'm looking for peoples opinions on what I should do. What would you're exact scenario/system be to maximize yield in a perpetual grow using the following assumptions:

-Either DWC UC or Ebb&Flo
    -Using GH Lucas Formula
    -Perpetual Grow (harvest every 4-6 weeks)
    -White Widow strain

Thanks for you're help in advance.
    Danner

2. headband is a great strain. buddy just yielded 12 oz off 2 5ft plants.

3. Damn that sounds good. I have no experience with it. All the strains I have were given to me by a buddy that was getting rid of excess. I'll be ecstatic if I get half that much of the plant lol.

4. wouldn't expect yields like that. he's been doing it for 10+ years, but it shows the plants potential.

5. Ah man, you're crushin' my dreams lol, jk... I'll be happy if I just surpass my last crop which isn't gonna be hard. They're in 3rd week of flower and looking stellar!

6. These are in the beginning of 3rd week 12/12. I'll be ecstatic if I average 2 oz. per plant average, which is less than .5 grms / watt, which I think is pretty realistic for my 2nd grow.

Jan28-3rd 12-12.jpg

Maui 3rd 12-12 III.jpg

Maui 3rd 12-12.jpg

Danner