in need of some help

Discussion in 'General' started by Kboxer93, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Ok, so this english professor of mine for college wants us to write a 2-3 page paper by monday on the opposing viewpoint of how we feel on an issue. I wrote about how athletes are paid too much in a paper before this one, therefore i now must write a paper on the opposing viewpoint and somehow justify that athletes are paid fairly. I must use two academic sources.. so far no luck. any suggestions? Thanks!

2. they get paid so much money and it's fair because if they get injured they could spend their money to get help idk

🚬🍁🌿🌳

3. How about something like.. Sports bring in so much profit for the states and they wouldnt be as popular if average dudes were playing. Ex. Mayweather. He wouldnt train as hard if his salary was 50k/year

4. What collage do you go to where you ask grasscity for sources? Haha

5. But to answer your question the new times magazine has this topic as the front page

6. lol hey man i figured grasscity is filled with some creative people so i figured id give it a shot

7. think of it economically. 

Sports bring in huge revenue. From event tickets, to media, to merchandice. Sports fans are usually live long and die hard. They can drop thousands on a single game, per person. Then u got the superbowl add space. The super bowl is the mosted watched event of the year. Your commercial is garanteed to be seen, so the price to place your add is retarted high.

So with athletes bringing in that revenue by risking injury to perform I think a 7 figure income is more than fair from an such a large enterprise.

8. They make that much money because so many people watch. The NFL and other large sporting organizations make a ton of money from advertisements/sponsors.

Look at what happened to golf when Tiger Woods came along. It exploded in popularity. More people started watching so more companies were interested in sponsoring events, getting ad time, etc. The prize money started to grow exponentially because of the gained popularity.

I don't necessarily agree with how much pro athletes make, but they are the best in the world at what they do. Sports = entertainment. Entertainment = more viewers. More viewers = more money.

Just think about your favorite TV show. How do they get money? It's all from ad revenue. Pro sports have even more to exploit beyond the entertainment aspect.

It's pretty simple economics.

9. u could ask to change ur topic haha

10. Google scholar

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. -It's dangerous
    -It takes intense training
    -And the biggest reason why, it brings a lot of money to states