Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In need of some guidance please.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JJaypops, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Hi,
    My name is Jay and I suffer from anxiety and PTSD. I also have failed back surgery x3.. I used to be an EMT until I hurt my back trying to rush a patient to the hospital. I got addicted to pain medication and went through methadone treatment. Ive been drug free for 10 plus years on 10mg of methadone. Whenever I've tried to completley leave methadone my anxiety gets really bad. Ive felt like I've been handcuffed to the methadone. I am going to try again to get off the methadone and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with methadone, mj, and anxiety. I don't drink or smoke, not even weed but have been looking into medical marijuana. I would like to find a strain that is good for anxiety & I'll be able to grow myself since I am on a limited income and medical marijuana isn't cheap where I live. I have grown cannabis when I was in my 20's and have some experience. Also to consider is if the strain will be difficult to get (seeds or clones).. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone with enlightment on this matter. I am currently 44 years old, married, with a wonderful 6 year old son (just an fyi).

2. I'd recommend an Indica pheno (or indica Dom hybrid with at most 20% sativa). Then I'd process into an extract like RSO or one of the fine tinctures some members are known for making. It's been my experience that processing really brings out the medicinal benefits and helps negate some of the paranoid/heady effects smoking straight flowers can cause. If you remember the term "creeper" that's how I would categorize it. Slow comfortable build with a good relaxing body high. My 2 cents.

3. Thank you for your input. Do you have any experience with any specific strain? Its just that there are so many, its hard to even pick a starting point.

4. #4 Jimmyyahoo, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  5. Thanl you very much appreciated..

6. Don't get caught up in strain names. It's much more about the terpenes anyway. Take the time to smell the medicine. Your body will actually tell you whether that's the kind you need for your situation. Trust your body. Cannabis is like food. You can look at and smell food to tell what you want and need. The same works for cannabis.

• Like Like x 1