In need of some advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by XboxStoner, Jul 8, 2016.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg The pictures pretty much show you my problems and set up, any advise would be greatly appreciated as this is my first grow! They are on their 3rd week nearly, the strains are sour disel and chocolate haze both feminised! I suppose they have nutrients burns by the tips, so does this mean the ph must be right? Because these ph strips are useless.
    I recently put duct so the hot air is going outside will this help with heat? I've watered them
    Twice with 5ml of coco a and b in 5ltrs of water and used plain ph'd water the rest, the heat was at 40Dc at some points in the the day, I have 4 hours of sleep during the hottest part of the day but WINTER IS COMING so I suppose that will help, any help would be great thanks! 600w hps

Attached Files:

2. Honestly I think they look fine. If you dont have the money for a digital ph meter you can pick up a liquid one from any hydro store. Or if there are no hydro stores a pool/spa supply or pet store that sells fish will sell a ph test kit. How are you watering and how much run off do you achive when you water? I would also STRONGLY recommend adding perlite to your coco it will help air out your medium alowing the roots to get oxygen. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Heres a pic of one of my ladies with a little bit of nute burn its kinda hard to see but its circled with the number 1. Circle 2 is the starts of powdery mildew.

Attached Files:

4. Your main issue is you're watering too often, however there are a few other issues that are exasperating the problem. Are you able to get a few white/blue CFLs to use instead? Not only is the HPS a waste of electricity at this point, it's not a good colour for young plants. Plus of course there is the heat issue. You may need to get a better quality fan, those little closet fans aren't great when coping with a 600 watter.

As far as the nutes go, you want about 20% concentration of the recommended dosage max at this point. I wouldn't worry about the pH unless you have very hard water coming out of your taps. I don't pH adjust mine even in hydro and I never have pH problems

5. Hi thank you both your replies!
    I am currently looking into a dual spec 300w CFL(Omega) would you recommend this? And I've been able to bring the temp down quite a lot it's max is now 35D with a 4 hour night of around 23D with humidity between 35-50. I flushed them yesterday thinking they had nute burn from the tips, shall I leave it a day or 2 now before watering? And one more thing are them clay balls classed as perlite because I just put 2 handfuls at the bottom. Thanks!

6. Yes that light would be great, although I would probably use a 6400k vegging colour CFL instead of the duel spectrum as you will only be using it for vegging, but it doesn't matter too much either way.

The tops of the plants shouldn't hit 30°C otherwise you are going to have problems. I would be concerned if it got to 28°C myself. 35°C is definitely too hot.

Leave it a day or two? I suspect you could leave it for a week lol. Don't water until it needs it. Try and get used to the weight as it's a good indication of when it needs watering. If you have a spare pot and more coco fibre, fill it up and leave it to the side to fully dry out so you can feel how heavy a dry pot is to compare.

No, clay balls and perlite are completely different things. When you transplant them to bigger pots in the future mix in perlite with the coco fibre at a 30/70 ratio. This helps with drainage and gets lots of air to the roots

7. Thankyou man, very helpful!
    Light is on its way! And I believe the temp gets down to a good 27D for a good few hours at night.
    The plants have stopped yellowing as much but the tip on one seems to be dying more and more!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 33 C is too hot, you want 30 C or less max.. your light is too far from your plant ,your plants are spindly , have a small fan blowing gently on them to strengthen up the stems , lower light or raise plant closer , and my best tip is READ about growing

9. If he puts the light closer, they will get hotter. They're stretching because it's an HPS, not because it's too far away. It's a 600watter, you would need that pretty far away to stop them getting cooked. He's better off with a CFL for the first few weeks of vegging imo

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've never read about anything more in my life tbh, but thanks for the tip! And yea having it so high lowers temps altogether, my CFL should be here tomorrow! And if you look at the tips of the plant they are dead and that have been spreading further down the the plant, I flushed them since been fed but it's still decaying in a way, any ideas?

11. Well , if you would have read so much as you state you would know the correct temp , you would know that pH strips are useless ,you would know the hot air needs to be exhausted , you would know that a fan blowing on them strengthens the stems , you would know you need a pH pen an an EC meter ,

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's a matter of budget and discretion,not knowledge.