In need of opinions and advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hazy_dayz, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Ok, I started 11 seeds outside a week ago, when temps hit mid 70's. All of them popped and now temps dropped back down to low to mid 60's, and lows in the 30's.

The question, will they be alright to leave outside? The weather is showing it will only get warmer, and im concerned about moving them around too much. There nothing special, just some bag seed from some commercial. Not able to get better genetics due to there is none around to be found :(.

If they can survive this week, i am planning on purchasing the ingredients for a soil mix i found on GC, and i plan on keeping them in 10 - 15 gal pots for the duration due to rippers in the area (It seems everyone in this area is too gd lazy to grow their own). Last year i started with the same amount of seedlings and ended up with 6 females. they were looking great right up until I found someone had chopped them about 2 inches from the ground, 3 weeks from harvest :mad:. Anyway, im setting traps this season needless to say. Aught to be a nice surprise for whom ever wants to take the easy route ;).

Any tips, advice, suggestions, etc., etc., would and will be greatly appreciated.

2. Next time plant after the last frost, low 30s doesnt sound very good
    im not that experienced but i would say they might survive it, you might just have slow growth for a bit, but when the weather gets warmer they should be fine.

if there not to big u could put a container over them at night, ive also heard of putting woodashes around them for heat but apperently that can kill them as well lol so read about that more before you try it if you do

Try to plant near/behind thick brush or plants to hide them if people are taking them

3. #3 hazy_dayz, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    the last frost is over, its just the temp is still a little low. they look go though for being outside a little early. leaves are green and reaching for the sun. just a little slow growing due to temps like you said.

last years crop snatching was due to a partner getting fucked up and running his mouth, sooooo... going solo this year, found some different spots, and put some motion cameras up this year. if it happens again theyll get whats coming to them :devious:.

thanks for your thoughts banananas.

4. what region are you in?

5. midwest. i left a couple of the plants outside last night, temps got down to mid 30's. checked them today and theyre still looking good. there in 16 ounces plastic cups for now, checked the roots and theyre looking good.

6. most plants can stand near freezing temps for a short period of time . i have seen them take a light frost and survive. but it realy depends how developed the plants are...the smaller they are the more suseptible they are to low temps.