in need of ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by elecguitarplyr, May 1, 2007.

1. Basically i just moved into this appt since the beginning of april. I live with my cousin and her bf. They are cool as SHIT. When he was showing me the place before i moved in i was like so this would be my room? and hes like yeah, i mean-i mean- unless u want that room we can move our stuff out etc. i was like nahhh man its cool lol, basiclally hes just generous as shit... i mean i come home every night and different shit is done.. my roomw as mad ghetto when i first moved in cuz i dont have many organizational skills(lol). so id come home from work and the couch would be arranged in front of the tv all nice and shit and he threw a shelf in there, a lazy boy for me, a coffee table.. my room looked liek a shit hole just the other night and i was thinking man i should really clean it up, beer bottles everywhere, cups, trash, u name it lol, so i come home and now my entire room is re arranged, and completely clean.. hell randomly wake me up and pass me a bowl with green hit before work.. cooks crazy food all the time cuz hes a chef.. hell randomly get me good bud.. last pick up was bud that came from a boat from fucking amsterdam.. well point is they do all this cool shit for me and i really wanna be a cool room mate and do the same in return.. i have the good intent but i have no idea what to do. any ideas blades?

2. You could start cleaning your own room, or try not to let it get to that point that it needs to be clean by them. You could also start taking up some of the chores, like the dishes and trash and such.

3. Yeah, make sure your ALWAYS on time with the rent! Also, take the initiative sometimes and clean up for them.

You seem pretty happy when they do it for you, imagine how they would feel if you did it for them.

4. Cook them a nice meal or maybe get in a take-away every now and again. People like to be thanked with food, it's good bonding.

MelT

5. Eliminate the word "like" from your casual vocabulary.

6. Get some self motivation?????

7. Like previously stated, ALWAYS pay rent on time.

Maybe get some DANK and wake HIM up with a fat bowl of it.

Keep your room clean so they don't feel the need to clean it themselves.

Maybe buy them a nice glass pipe or bong or something as a "thank You" Present?

Oh, and ALWAYS thank them for the things they do for you. Make it known to them that you appriciate it. Sometimes that's a bigger thank you than any store bought gift.

8. thanks for the ideas guys.. and i knew there were going to be a couple negative-ass posts in here, as always.. "get some self motivation?" yeah, thanks asshole. its not a matter of self motivation - its a matter of time, i dont have the time to do shit when im doign 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts all in the same week all i wanna do is sleep. and like i said i was on my way home to completely clean up my room and do a bunch of other stuff already, they just beat me to it. Its not the # of hours, granted i could easily do 80+ in a week, its the time frame of them.. i have no sleep schedule at all.. i will work 10pm-6am and go home and sleep for 2 hours, come back and do an 8-4, then do 10-6 again the same night.. so its hard not to take that as an insult. but yeah ill try a few of them.

9. Dude why would you make your first your first post an insult......

10. calm down there buddy-

First- name calling is against The City rules.

Secondly- I'm not a mind reader, you asked what people thought, yoou are going to get opinions based on the info provided. From the info provided you sounded very lazy (these quotes kinda show what I'm talking about- even if you are working so much you can try not leaving so much shit laying around-pretty simple).

11. yeah, i asked people's opinions on ideas to do cool stuff in return - get some self motivation is not related at all to what i was asking and you just wanted to throw it in because you, much like alot of people, are entirely based upon ego and any little wise ass thing you type to boost your ego you go and jack off about how cool it made you sound later. The room looked so terrible because i had a party, it was the weekend, people were over, and as i said even in one of the quotes you posted i was on my way to clean it when i got home. Point is your post was completely unnecessary, and as for name calling goes, "thanks alot asshole" it was more of rolling of the eyes thing, not an aggressive attack. Sorry if you took it otherwise, we all know how you like to use context clues. I wouldn't have even responded like that if you would have said just sounds like u need to get some more self motivation, and then try doing this and this, i wasnt offended at all by what hempress said, i took that into consideration, but you didnt even try to help the thread you just had to throw it in there because youre "witty" right? get real man, its an online forum

12. I'm the one trying to act "witty" here

:rolleyes:

Edit:: And if I was an asshole and someone who doesn't like to contribute I have way too many posts to still be in The City & a few too many green bars.

EDIT 2:: And take your own advice next time- Its an online forum, there is no need to get your panties in a bind over what people post.

13. Jus let it go homie, if he want to play like that then he'll get the ban hammer eventually, hopefully he shapes up, hell everyone should. Come on, we're a family, but people who keep actin immature end up like the Red Headed Step Child.

14. i was actually calm the entire duration of the posts.. it seems like your the one frantically reading and re reading and editing everything you say, this isnt a game man, i asked for soem simple ideas, no ones trying to get the one-up on you, LET IT GO already. jesus christ dude

15. You don't sound calm, bro.

Everyone just relax.

And yeah, you sound like you've got some motivation issues.

Reciprocate their kind actions.

Pay the rent on time, smoke them up sometimes, buy them a nice gift of some glass or a sack, maybe take them out for a nice meal, or cook something yourself. Bake them a cake. Maybe put down a little extra money on utilities and stuff. Vacuum the place, dust the place, do some dishes. Make sure everything's tidy. If they like music, get them a new CD to thank them for all they've done, cook them a romantic dinner and steal away to your room for a while. Be a gentleman, use manners. Just put your head to it. It's easy to thank someone for a service.

(Also, name-calling does not fly here at the City. Just a heads-up.)