In need of good advice for my OG Kush plants

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by AloeRuss, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hi

My plants are about 7 weeks old and currently vegging right now.
    You probably can tell clearly from the picture but they are getting very tall.
    I tried training them but the stem is pretty stery. Those who grew OG Kush will know what I mean, and I am risking braking it.
    Do I have any tecnique at my possetion (prefferably low stress) that will slow the growth of my plants?
    If yes, can you elaborate on the details a bit?

Thanks as always,
    R

Attached Files:

2. they sure look lanky and tall
    Why don't you just top them
    really easy, makes what you leave stockier- that is it will have a stronger stock, and probably denser buds or colas.
    I often cut plants that are too tall before going to 12/12
    Are you getting any blue light- halide on them or is it just hps or possibly a lower power type of light.
    I am not sure how to elaborate on pruning. If you just cut a couple and let them go a couple of days you will see where the new growth occurs and that will teach you what you need to do on the others or in the future. People are often way too delicate and scare to try different things with their plants. That is how you learn. Always good idea to do a little first, observe, and then make corrections and then do more and then observe again etc etc. I have been a big beliver in pruning plants hard for a long time and am convinced it gives a better yield, down side is it is time (labor) costly.

3. Hi mate. They are under my hips right now, an I am planning to keep them under throughout.
    I just did some training by squizeeing the area I wanted to be bent, until I felt walls of the stem a bit collapsing. Then I just bent the stem about 45 degrees and made sure it stays at that position. I barely did half of my talles colas.. I will observe the results and do the rest if it's successful. This should slow the growth and make them grow outwards.
    Thanks

4. Since I already have 4 colas on each (results of early toping) I will top them again in about a week or so.

5. Man OG is a bitch, in every way. It sucks for susceptibility to illnesses and if you look at them the wrong way they break, worst strain I have worked with for that.

Unfortunately, they are a tall, spindly, fragile strain, not much can be done for that. You just have to top them a couple times, and trellis them, and be careful as hell not to touch the branches very much.

For what I see on yours, I would go to home depot and find some small tomato cages, cut them down to the height you need and put them in. This will support the brances and protect them from accidental bumping.(i only suggest this because it looks like you are growing in one of those cabinet things)

Also I would HIGHLY suggest you prune the bottoms. It is absolutely necessary with OG. They are a light yield plant in the first place, so you need all the growing power to be focused on bud production that you can get.

It is for these exact reasons that I am done with og, and now am onto sd and moving on to gsc next run. GSC is suppossed to be like OG in most ways except it is a lot more forgiving, and less susceptible to illness.

Good luck and keep those girls happy.

6. Yes mate. No og kush for me for awhile. Believe it or not, I supercroped them as they were tall as hell. That is all hst I will be doing. I prune the bottom and will be doing again soon. I will get the best that I can out of them but no more OG for me

7. It's easy to do you don't need to pinch or anything bend it as far as it will go and tie it down. What you did is really stressful. Tie it time the side of the pot or tape it there and leave it all the growth grows up and turns in to more tops /bigger buds....