in need of cabinet grow help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by peterjoseph88, Jan 3, 2010.

1. I am gonna start growing in a wardrobe.the space is about 2 1/2 feet wide, 4 1/2 feet tall and 2 feet deep .looking for any tips from experienced cabinet growers.any tips or help would be appreciated, as for now I am just thinking a 400watt hps grow light and 5 gal bucket. Thanks in advance

2. #2 paint_u_dgt, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
    Read the stickeys and grow guides they will get you started I promise.

- Make sure you have everything you need before germinating seeds.
    - Read up on ph and how to adjust it
    - Learn about nutrients and how plants use light to make energy
    - Test you temps and humidity by running your empty cabinet for 24-48 hours
    - Write every detail down in a journal stoners don't keep good mental notes. Document your
    mistakes as well as your successes.
    - Get some specific questions in mind then come back and see us.

3. hey bro thats about the specs of my wardrobe i plan on using as well,,

Its a good cabinent but yea my only problem im coming up with is just trying to figure out what the best size fans are for ventilation,,
    But the hps could be a bit much im just using cfls and the setup looks pretty nice that I have pre setup to get a idea,,

Im also trying to figure out a good way for the excess water drainage from watering,

4. hey man your idea on your setup is perfect stick to it, make sure you get proper ventilation for your grow man, just to keep a steady temperature

5. Using CFLs may be the way to go for a box that size. 10-12 good CFLs will be about right for 1-2 plants, with minimal heat issues. An HPS light might be too much heat for that size.

6. That is very similar to my space. I agree you are best with the 400w HID, though you probably should get an air-cooled hood so that it doesn't get too hot.