In need of assistance

Discussion in 'General' started by Zidave, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Ok so me and my buddy got pretty baked and went to Taco Bell first but then we went to walmart and we were walking across the back aisle and saw these bigass vases and I was like hellz yea....if we can find a diamond tip drill bit for a dremel I'll buy that vase and we go to the hardware section and look at the dremil bits and sure enough I find a diamond tip bit and I go get a sweet green vase. Here is the vase

[​IMG]

and here's the drill bits...
    [​IMG]

Anyways just wanted to ask anyone with experience drilling these glass vases with the dremel. Any advice on doin it....like do I need cool water runnin on it constantly?

2. i'm not sure about the water having effect or not. just go verrrry slowly, and stop completely if you feel/hear/think it may be cracking. and just chill and maybe approach it differently. there's always the option of a long female peace and not having glass/on/glass and putting hot glue or something somewhat heat-resistant on the female piece. go slowly, that's what i know.

[some friends used to make stuff out of goldschlager bottles, kind of thicker glass, might be more crumble-resistant, i dunno. the handle (1.75 L) bottles worked perfectly and usually never cracked. small circles to start, verrry slow.]

good luck, have fun! :smoking:

3. This glass is pretty thick....like 1/4 inch

4. Ars Mor. told me that KY lubricant works good. PM him for more because I dont know.

5. just start out with a few drops of water and use the pointy bit then once it gets deep enough so the round once doesnt slide around, use it. keep adding water as the other stuff dries up. the top of that vase might be too big to be able to get a good seal so keep that in mind before you drill.

6. No it keeps a good seal....I held it with only my mouth a min ago....pretty heavy but it stayed

7. Ok so I was lookin around on the interweb lookin for a downstem and a bowl for it.

This is the rubber grommet to hold the downstem and this is the glass downstem I'm lookin at. Now I just need a bowl....any suggestions?