In need of assistance, first timer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Badguy, Jun 20, 2012.

1. So I decided to try growing, read a lot online, learned as I went essentially.

The first issue is the pic you see with the yellowing spotted leaf plant. That one is about three weeks old (as in from sprout till now), seems small to me. Also, needing feed back if this is from a nutrient issue or over watering? It has just started occurring the other day.

Second, is about the plant that has more leaves, looks a bit healthier but seems way behind schedule. Admittedly, I started with insufficient light on this one. It is a little over a month old. Looks healthy otherwise, but seems a bit small. Where is this one at in the process? Figure vegetation phase, but I don't know what more growth to expect with this one.

Any advice is certainly appreciated. A lot of conflicting info out there and I want to get it right.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Just watch your watering frequency. The spotting on your one plant might indicate a pH or cal-mag issue. I'd ensure the water is properly tuned. More light should solve your problem with the delayed growth. They are in the earliest part of the vegetative phase and are no longer in the seedling stage.

3. Quick question - what soil are the little ones in? What nutrients are you using? Some soils come with time release nutrients and unknowingly people try to feed their babies more than they can eat!! LoL. Granted growth looks healthy other than the slowness (stick it out, some are stubborn!) and the yellowing/burning on the bottom set. Is it on both or just one I couldn't tell. If this helps I'm glad! If not, no worries. Just thought I'd try.

Cheers :)

4. Thanks. I am adding a couple more lights today actually. Now with the water, I am using tap water, but letting it sit open for well over a day. Is there a better option?

5. I am using Schultz Potting Soil Plus. Says it feeds up to nine months, said it was for indoor plants. Also was using some fertilizer sticks for nutrients, thought maybe I put in one or two too many. They are both currently in a 2 or 2.5 gallon pot. The yellowing is just on those bottom two leaves, top ones are still very healthy looking and seems to be still developing into new leaves.