In memory of my dog

Discussion in 'General' started by TokerCT, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Had to put down my nearly 15 year old yellow lab today. Best damn dog a man could have asked for and im already missing the shit out of her. I had her growing up my whole childhood and got her after my father passed when I was young, these next few weeks wont be easy and every toke is in her memory. She truly was a mans best friend and im tearing up as im writing this.:(

2. Awwww I'm sorry for your loss :( that's rough, man.

Remember, all dogs go to heaven ;)

3. My yellow lab Ginger died when I was a young teen, she was 12.

I know how you feel man, she was an absolutely great dog and I had to watch her die. She was cremated and I still have her ashes, I haven't spread them yet because I haven't had the time to or picked out a spot.

I still gotta do it and lay her to rest finally.

4. i lost Trixie (chihuahua/terrier) four months ago and i still cant see a pic of her without tearing up a little. so, i know how you feel. its okay to grieve.

5. Nothing worse than losing a dependable companion.
    Condolences,
    KillerKush

6. my condolences man, i'm really sorry to hear about your loss:(. i know how it is, i've had to have 2 dogs and a snake put to sleep. one of the dogs, a female black lab, was recently. i was beyond devistated. losing a pet is always rough. i'll toke this bowl in honor of both your dog and my dog.

:bongin:

7. I'm sorry to hear about this bro. I know how it feels to lose a dog. They really are the best friends you could ever have. But, as posted earlier, all dogs go to heaven.

May your dog RIP.

8. #8 Tunguso, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010

Sounds like it had a good long life. What more could a dog want.

9. sorry for your loss. may he rest in peace.

i have a 3 year old gemern shep., amazing dog man. you say yours was best, i say mines best, i think alot of dogs are just really the best in general

i know its hard to get over no question. but i have thought of how it will be for my dog in the future and just realized that they live 10-15 years max, thats life, thats reality it has to happen if you own a dog

if you guys are able to which you should man get a new dog asap. dogs are fkn amazing and it wont replace the one that died or even be like him. but he will be amazing in his own right and you will love again:smoke:

10. May he rest in peace. And be comforted that he has unlimited snausages and dog tail. I'm sure he was a great friend and will be missed.

11. I've had my lab for about 6-8 years. I couldn't imagine how I'd react when that time comes.

Sorry for your loss, I don't know what else to say.

12. Thanks everyone I appreciate your thoughts, and yes she did live a very good life for a dog with a family that misses her.

13. I'm so sorry. We had to put down my Sheltie, Nikki whenever I was 16. I got her for Christmas when I was 4, best Christmas present ever. I STILL cry whenever I see a dog that reminds me of her.

14. May she rest in peace and may you be at ease. Best, man.

15. I had to put down my 11 yr old black lab a little over a year ago, so i understand so hard it is. I got him when i was 7, and he was my best friend throughout my childhood. Labs are great, loyal, smart, loving dogs.

My best advice and what worked well for me:

Get another dog, or two. You cant replace a dog, especially your first dog and the one you grew up with, i understand this and am not suggesting you try to replace him. But i got another dog a couple months after having to put down my lab and it has been great. Nothing like a puppy to cheer you up. You will grow to love your new dog and it will bring you a lot of joy and comfort.

16. Sorry for your loss, I rescue dogs more or less for a living here in Costa Rica, my own one man crusade, I have 12 myself.

It is one of the cruelest aspects that they have such short lives, even at the nice age of 15 it is way too short for such amazing animals.

My pups are my babies as I am sure your pup was to you. It is the same as losing a family member, worse in many ways.

I hope at some point you get another baby to take care of, life is empty without the kind of love you receive from our dog friends.