In Katrina's Path...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yesterday, Aug 29, 2005.

1. for those of you in louisiana...mississippi...alabama...whereever katrina is expected to strike...

ive seen the satillite images, and man does that hurricane look scary. im praying for you guys. dont know if you've left by now, or are sticking it out...just stay safe!!!

come back and toke one up with us when its over...and tell us the stories!!

2. I was just about to start a thread about that... Are you guys seein this shit!?!? This is a hurricane of historic proportions... Stay safe everyone. Maybe someone can get some video footage and post it, lol... Not that I'm advocating going out in this... Stay inside and don't get yerselves drowned... My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

3. ya louissianna is pretty muched fucked

my prediction is that it will be flooded for a good 2 weeks

im pretty sure louissianna is the state that is already supposedly sinking a bit each year hah

good luck you guys stay safe i will keep you in my prayers

that thing is fuckin huge

4. my fema certs are all long since expired, and i am kicking myself for not getting back in for training after the 'warning' we got last year. i wish i could help them! good luck to you all who are there

5. half my family lives right where its gunna make land fall, i'm gunna wait up all night for the call 2 see if everyone is iight

6. Yeah, I hope everyone down there is going to be alright. They said its going to effect the gas prices too. It will at least be a five cent increase. Its just another excuse for the government to screw us over even more. But anyways, hope everyone stays good.

7. At least a quarter of my family is down there, if not more.

This is going to be bad. :(

8. for teh first time in years im goin to pray for the lives of the familys down there. Weve had so many god forsaken hurricanes this year its pissin me off. I have school tuesday too, so these wont be very happy days to come, but i got dank ass blueberry nugs so im cool. as all us grasscity members know, good karma will set things straight after this hell storm. good luck to those sitting it out, im going to find more info on its progress

9. this storm is gonna be biblical......

I lived there long enough to know....its prolly gonna will be the worst storm in history...pray for anyone that couldnt get out.

10. im praying that the superdome can hold up. theres 70000+ people in there

11. ^^it can seat 77,000 without bags, pillows, luggage etc
    "It was almost 10:30 p.m. before the last person was searched and sent to the lowest level of seats. Superdome regional vice president Doug Thornton estimated 8,000 to 9,000 were in the building when the doors finally closed for the 11 p.m. curfew."

I hope everyone who is in the path of danger was able to get out as well. This storm was called a Catagory 5, I believe the 4th is US history, but has weakened to a Catagory 4,
    The power has been cut, the Superdome is now running on generators. There are about 9,000 people there now, hopefully will be fine. though, it was reported the covering structure of the roof peeled away...

12. oops my bad

still a lot of people though. and yea they were saying that part of the roof was peeling away and waters started to drip in

13. why does anyone live in a place that's called "Tornado Alley"? wtf is going through your minds???

14. Think about how much of a rush that would be to go thru a massive hurricane like that. Scary yes, but a part of me always wanted to experince something so powerful.

15. i was just watching the c to the double n (most depressing channel ever) and im pretty sure i heard them say its been downgraded to a category2!?!?!?

16. ^^ this is typical to hurricanes, the more they move inland the less power they have. itll probably be labeled a tropical storm soon...not that that matters, tropical storms can produce just as much rainfall etc as a hurricane..

17. LOL...same reason folks live in earth quake alley, the snow belt, hurricane alley....it dont matter were ya live....the earth can shake your ass off in a heartbeat..

no place is safe from mother nature

18. Omg... Has anyone seen what was left after this storm? The worst hurricane to ever make land-fall...

There have been several Cat 5 storms in the Atlantic/Gulf... But not that many have made land-fall... I think they're gonna change it to a Cat 5 at land-fall though... There's no way a 4 woulda caused that kind of damage. It did more than Andrew, and Andrew was a Cat 5...

For those who have family there... Have any of you gotten word about your loved ones yet? Are they OK? Rummy? ripcurl? How's everyone?

19. i feel bad, i was sighing a big sigh of relief last night, thinking they had managed to dodge the bullet, but then those levees broke... they say they are going to rebuild, but damn... it's not ever goingto be the same...