In ground or pot

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EPICPRODIGY4, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Does anybody have experice with in ground planting? Is there anyhing differnet can i still give them liquid nutes? Anything i need to know i know it won't be as safe as a pot and all but i might experiment would you guys recomend it ?

2. I grew in ground and loved it. Water less, don't got to worry about flushing, and if its a decent space with rich soil you can get away with less nutes. I used organics in ground, but still used nutes as well. Just some kool bloom and molasses I was fine through out veg. If the spot is secure enough I'd def do in ground.

3. Alright sweet ! So what nutes would you recomend or what you used and how ?

4. Go organic if you can. I will be using happy frog and a modified version of subcools.

2 large bags happy frog organic soil
    15 pounds Earth Worm Castings
    420g fish bone meal (down to earth 3-16-0)
    420g bat guano (happy frog 0-5-0)
    420g blood meal (down to earth 12-0-0)
    80g potassium sulfate (0-0-50)
    200g ancient forest alaska humus
    200g xtreme mycorrhizal granules
    200g azomite
    100g sea kelp (algamin 1-0-2)
    70g dolomite lime (30% cal 3% mg or 75/12)
    50g alfalfa meal (down to earth 2.5-1-1)
    20g humic acid powder (down to earth)
    8g Epsom salt.

I will be using this as my teas

Vegetative Brew:
    1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
    1/3 cup Mexican Bat Guano
    1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
    1/2 cup alfalfa meal
    5 TBS Black Strap Molasses
    5 TBS Liquid Kelp Extract

flowering tea

For each gallon of water add:
    1 cup of worm castings
    1 teaspoon of molasses
    1 teaspoon of fish hydrolysate or emulsion prefer hydrolysate
    1 heaping teaspoon of each of the following:
    Kelp meal
    Alfalfa meal
    High P Bat Guano

All of this I found online. I will likely be tweaking some as I go. I also have some happy frog fruits and flower ferts and Marine Cuisine that I might sprinkle around the grow area before planting. Right before flower I might use some Kool bloom to help em come along (used this stuff last year, it was great), and top feed a little as well. I did enjoy luqid karma last year too, and may see if I can fit that in as well.

My main goal is to have just water take me as a far as possible. Last season my yield suffered because I couldn't give them enough nutes. Because of how much all of this will cost and how many plants I am doing, I may have to have some all organic and some with nutes, but at this point I'm going in with the plan of mixing up a few bags of premium soil and going to see how many holes it fills.