In dire need of guidance!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amnesiac, Jul 6, 2009.

1. #1 amnesiac, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    alright.. i've got a shopping list together here. I have never set up a closed growing environment. but.. i guess now is my time to shine. so.. seriously bear with me, i have never set up an AC or an environmental control, and i also have to run cool tubes in a rented home.. .. so... um.. here it goes.. bear in mind i dont have any idea how to hook anything up besides the recirculating buckets. i don't even know how to build or use a screen for pete's sake.

it looks like.. in total.. blazeoneups 12 site system is going to run me.. 670 without nutes, ec ph temp meter, water chiller, or a RO. i already have a gallon of micro and a gallon of flora, but i dont know how far thats going to take me. after the RO, and the ph temp meter I am looking at..950. Meaning i have to cheap out on the water cooler and drop in 2 liters of frozen nutrient solution 2-3 times a day.

next up we have the greenhouse controller.. never seen one in my life btw. i wish i didn't have to do this, seeing as i'm mentally challenged, but a closed growing environment seems to be the only sure shot. so far, i've decided on a 400 dollar CAP CGC-1 Greenhouse Controller and a 390 dollar CAP GEN-1eLP Propane CO2 Generator (do i need a regulator on that badgirl? of course not right?). I am still fuzzy about the power i need behind the dehumidifier and the air conditioner. if im only running say... 2600k watts on a 12 site system. (that isnt underkill is it?). any help in that department would be ohh so appreciated. im thinking about getting a little water chiller.. but the budget keeps getting tighter and tighter and my heads f'in spinning. i have a 350 cfm centrifugal, which i would want to use to cool tube my lights.. if that isnt underkill. i also dont even want to think about drilling 6"-8" holes in a rented home. granted its a year lease, in bumf*ck egypt, that i intend to rent out for the rest of eternity, but its a nice crib to be messin with like that. I would also like to be able to pluck my plants and tear down my room on the drop of a dime. not sure thats possible running cool tubes... i guess i could get a shit door and draw air from the hallway right? change the door if i have to.. so far the environmental nonsense is like 1400 dollars granted that the air conditioner and dehu are 300 a piece.

so.. asides from that.. um.. breakers? i dont know anything about em.. keep in mind i am about as bright as a sack of potatoes.. and uh... light lifters? any good suggestions for cool tubes? do i really need to cool tube everything if im running a badass ac and dehu? and uh.. yeah i think thats that.. sorry for the novel, and copy pasting my post from the growroom/design forum. ill delete it right now.any help would really be appreciated. let me gather my thoughts and maybe ask a couple more direct questions. thanks everybody!

2. I have another question. After airfare, 4600 dollars of rent up front and groceries, im looking at 5500 dollars. i only have 7500 dollars, after i sell my car for a 1000 bucks. there's things I'm not factoring in.. example, emergency "get-the-hell-out-of-here" money, a mode of transportation, cigs, my adderall prescription, and.. utilities.. and it seems this set up is going to run me 2k plus. thoughts? the deal is it HAS to be bubble foiled and a closed non vented grow.. ideas??? i need help here, i'm buying the plane tickets as soon as i have a solid solid plan.

3. so.. lets have a re-cap.
    i have a 7.5k budget.. but 4600 is on 4 months of rent.. and 450 is on airfare. that leaves me with 2.4k to do my thing. 250 dollars is on 1000 square feet of bubble foil, and it seems like roughly 1000 dollars to set up my 12 site dwc, not including the environmental controller and the AC and the dehu.. and the carbon filter.. and im only left with 1k.. for a car, gas, groceries.. damn.. im going to go try and find a car. brb.