in desperate need of help

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mi green, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hey guys Ive started my grow in a 170L plastic bin

My lights are 4x 23W 6500lumens (CFL) im trying to add up 5 or 6 lights

but temperature is at its max

my outake is to far away from my lights as my intake is closer from the lights

im trying to think how I could manage this grow without leaving a crack on the lid....

my first option which is the best : is to take out the fans locate them beside my lights---> problem is the smell, I wont be able to control smell if I do that and already have my 2 carbon filters ready for flowering stage

my second option which I do not like very much is to put my grow box in the basement where its cooler more fresh air.

any suggestion as tomorow is going to be hot and I really need this to be done tonight.

thanks all still debating on doing a journal.

2. bump, been the third day today still no sign of leaf, just watered, maybe im too impatient. :/

3. okay so i would just change both your fans to outake the air and then cute a small hole that is a passive intake that will cool her down alot!!!! you need more lights but dont push it until you get the teps right! 70-85Fmax!! you have a long time to worry about the smell you just need to worry about being able to get that far! i want to see some pictures if you can! :smoke:

4. You won't have any really noticeable smell until 3rd or 4th week of flower. For the most part a veging weed plant smells like.. well any other plant.

5. lol sorry my fans are already outake ;) just a little burned from yesterday haha already got that done, ill try to get a camera to show you guys what im talking about.

what do you suggest for today ? as its 85 degrees outside...

and inside without the lights is 80...

already changed my setup a little brought the lights closer from the outake fans and made holes for intake on the other side of the bin.

6. Edit: I still dont get it as why Marijuana plants cant grow in 86 degrees when outdoor its about the same condition... its cooler inside than outside... + I have outake ventilation... im starting to think my thermometer is shit...

7. How high up is it?

8. well you are right and they CAN grow above 86 well not really grow but they do survive they just get stressed and grow at a much slower rate and this stunts the growth! and why cant you just redo the fans make them both outtake?? it is worth the work trust me.

9. Yeah, changing your ventilation will be necessary. Just make sure you have enough cool air intake. if your worried about smell they have 4" Carbon filters all over the Internet for relatively cheap too.

10. what ? the thermometer ?

11. my 2 fans are already outakes

12. In your first post you said you had one out take and one intake. you need them both to be outtakes and cut a small hole for a passive intake system... its as simple as that. if you dont want to listen to people why ask for help :confused::confused:

:bongin:

13. haha I guess its a miss understood, I am listening, I just didnt explain right... I have 3 fans 2 outakes and 1 fan that directs the intake air into the outake....

now I just called my hydroponic shop they explained that inside of my room is too hot.... which I already knew, my actual question was how to make my box with lights cooler.... but Ive got a bigger problem as my room is upstairs with slightly not enough cold ventilation... so my best bet is to wait for winter to come as its cooler or simply bring my box in the basement where the fresh cold air is at... I cant see any other option.

14. Sounds like your headed to the basement if the temps outside the cab are higher than inside without the lights on. Or you could cut another a hole for another outtake this time close to the lights, shove your intake fan in there. You will then have a passive intake and exhaust for your lights.

You still haven't posted the temps with the lights on. That would be bloody helpful in a thread like this mate.

Has the seed even sprouted yet?

15. Movin to the basement may be your only option, originally I was in my storage room (pitch black, bad airflow) and getting temps of 31ºC+ which is too hot. I moved into my spare room where there is a window.. I leave the window open half way and I now have temps of 21-24ºC I am sacrificing a tad bit of darkness for much safer tempatures.. in your case it seems like the basement would be a win/win situation.

16. so the temp without the light is fluctuate between 70- 80 degrees, I pulled her out today of the earth she was all yellow