Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In Canada, would I have any chance at all for getting a card???

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by eShock, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Ok, some horrible horrible shit happened in my family (twice) about 4-5 years ago and to THIS day, I have dealt with depression, mild and extremely severe at some points. To the point where my work let me have a week off and they sent me to their councelling program.

Note: I could stop that program whenever I wanted and I did after the second visit because the guy made me feel like an idiot, basically I'd tell him something then he'd repeat back what I said in different words EVERY time so I just got pissed off with it.

My dr. also prescribed me... I can't remember what it was called but I took it for a week then stopped because personally, I read the side-effects of this stuff and decided no way I want to risk that (Why would you want to have "suicidal thoughts" as a side effect on an anti-depressant, how could the government allow something like that. I THINK it was either something called Paxil or Celebrex... not 100% sure, if I find out I will update this post with what it was.

---

Now, My doctor knows I smoke cigs and sais I shouldnt bla bla bla, ONE TIME I made the mistake of saying "yes" to smoking mj and he hasnt asked since, I said rarely do I smoke.

----

The reason I want to get a card is for the following reasons

a) Depression / Anxiety / Mood swings (sometimes I get REALLY pissed off for no damn reason and take it out on everyone.

b) I have trouble sleeping, for the last 3-5 days I've had maybe 3-4hrs of sleep

c) Migraines -- note: I was supposed to go get a catscan or whatever on my head after fainting one day and hitting my head off the corner of a metal lawn chair, but being lazy I never did get that, I got an x-ray but not the follow up. COULD this defeat my chances of getting a card because I never did that?

d) My eating habits are horrible, I literally will eat 1 small thing sometimes when I get up and then eat a TON of food before work and thats it. My appetite is completely messed, I can (actually) go without eating for almost a whole day (if I don't have to work that day), and I've done it, several times.

e) I was in a car accident 8-9 months ago, going to physio and all that, still deal with lower and mid pain but not as much, could this help?

---

I have a feeling that if I bring my doctor ANY (and I mean ANY) papers to look at / sign to get my card he will tell me to leave or something. Where can/should I go? (I am in Toronto, Canada) If anyone here is in/around the same area please send me a pm as I will get that msg MUCH faster, or just post a reply, whatever you like

Thanks ALOT everyone.

Would giving the argument to my dr that mj does help ALOT with sleep/depression/anxiety/appetite be of ANY value to them? Or will they just say TAKE these PILLS. This is the problem with drs today (and always has been). The fucked up thing is I went to the hospital one day for a slight back injury from work and the dr prescribed me some strong oxycontons (and theres no way in hell im gonna take that stuff)

Last point, if it matters, I am 23 years old. I am not trying to 'play' the system to legally buy weed, I believe it would benefit me so much as it already benefits me but I am finding alot of stuff lately to be garbage that people just want to get rid of, rather be able to know what im smoking (ie. strain)

2. if it is of any value, I've been with the same family dr my whole life, so 23 years.

I also said on point 'b)' that I don't sleep well, if any of you have this problem can you relate to this? I wake up and will literally lay there for a 1/2hr-1hr just laying there not wanting to get up because of depression/lack of sleep...

Lastly:

My dealer is one of my good friends, but he (for the last year or so) doesn't care about the quality, he just gets it and moves it, he could care less, I have found a new dealer through my gf's (of 3 years last weekend) cousin who doesn't know the strain he just sais 'high-grades' and believe me it is THE BEST stuff I have ever had, really helps me when im feeling down, doesn't do much for the pain though, I'd post a pic of it but I don't feel safe posting pics of stuff like that on these forums... is it ok for me to do that? Should I be behind a proxy because I would gladly post a pic in another part of the forum to see if anyone can identify it...

3. #3 toastytoast, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    You should definitely try. Where in Canada are you located? Check out
    http://medicalmarijuanacanada.com/

and
    Medical Marijuana.

Try to read a lot of the stuff and get informed with the system, how it works and the classes and requirements. Then id suggest approaching your doctor with all this information, and try discussing it in an orderly manner.

If at first if he seems hesitant or doesnt even want to hear about it, I would suggest agreeing for the moment, but asking him to consider doing some more research on it.
    They have brochures and whatnot on the websites and you could print them out along with a copy of the forms, just so he can take a look.

Let him know, that you've been suffering for a while and medical marijuana is a good option for you.

Good luck.

Im not a mmj patient in Canada and probably wont ever be, but have been reading up quite a bit on this.

Edit: As for pics of bud, go ahead man, check out Stash Jar section people post their stuff all the time. And dont worry about proxies, your ISP cannot really bail you out like this. Just upload it to tinypic, imageshack etc and go ahead and post it.

Also this health canada site might answer some stuff too
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/index-eng.php