In buckets In trees

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by zman18, Apr 6, 2010.

1. So I read this book called Invisible Marijuana. The author teaches the reader to grow in 5 gallon buckets that are then pulled into the higher branches of trees. Has anyone tried this before?? Just wondering if anyone has feedback. I have already placed my order through Dope-Seeds.com and plan to grow Fem. AMS from Greenhouse seeds and Purple Widow from De Sjamaan.

The plan is to use 5 gallon buckets with gravel on the bottom and a mix of potting soil, worm castings, and an organic veg. nutrient. The seeds will be soaked overnight in water then put into peat pellets which will be put directly into bucket. Pretty much put them in and let it happen. I may use a 2 liter bottle as a greenhouse until they sprout. The buckets will be on private property so getting to them is not too difficult. They will be checked on twice a month and will be sexed in July. Ill pull the males (maybe save the best looking one for seeding) and add an organic Bloom nutrient. Does anyone have feedback?? What am I missing??

2. Your missing the fact thats its kinda stupid to put your pots on trees, they can easily tip over, fall down. Second flaw is they are high and I mean in altitude so when the pop up and grow they can be seen by unwanted eyes, plus the "checked twice a month" is a long time you might not see deficiencies, bugs and other disease that may develop though the course of time just find a nice spot with 4-5 hours of direct sunlight a day and they should be fine but remember less light = less yield. Now as to what you are going to do it's up tou you to decide, i mean if you want them on treetops you gotta have to be more carefull and caring to it.

3. from what I understand this is a common technique in HI. Maybe some HI locals can provide input.

4. I think we had this discussion last year about this time...it works in theory, but hefting and tying off heavy buckets in the trees can be pain in the ass. Too much work to be worthwhile. Work smarter, NOT harder!