In a first, an AIDS vaccine shows some success

Discussion in 'General' started by thealvinator, Oct 15, 2009.

1. All I can say about this article is, FINALLY! A little progress...

In a first, an AIDS vaccine shows some success on Yahoo! Health

2. Hah! AIDS...

3. This is incredible! But you must wonder, since it was human volunteers, they got injected with HIV, what happened to those that the vaccine didn't work on? Their fucked for life now.

4. They weren't injected with aids, they just looked to see how many participants got it eventually. The numbers dont look like that big to me, it could just be a conicidence that the people who got the real vaccine had a lower rate of infection. Ive always wondered though, why cant aids anti bodies be injected into people.

5. Ahh true that, kinda messed up right now so didn't understand it. AIDS constantly mutates, thus why you cannot make a simple vaccine for it I believe?

6. I was about to say how vindicated I feel that Grasscity forum members are more than a bunch of pot smoking underage teenagers, but I stand corrected.

Just kidding, in all seriousness, this is some pretty interesting information. That of which I did not read, at all, but still gives hope to stop a deadly disease that has plagued so many people.

Lastly, I just want to clarify that I AM over the age of 18. My previous reference was only made in a fictitious jokingly manner.