In a bit of a pinch please help need advice!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokexbreak, Apr 3, 2018.

1. okay so here's the deal I've got 3 plants under trellis net vegging right now going on their 2nd month of 24/7 light. I recently swapped my 400 watt light in the room with a 600 watt light. As well as switching to the HPS bulb to prepare for flowering. The plants have began to presex showing pistols at most nodes. However once they began pre sexing the new growth began to get skinny and roll from the edges up like a taco. I was out of town for a few days and didn't water them on schedule so in these photos there's some droop but the curling was there prior. (I watered and the droop has taken care of itself.) however the curling is still there. Plus on the new and old growth there's some yellowing.(assuming it's because it's time to add nutrients to my soil)

my medium is fox farm ocean forest.
    I'm in 4 gallon buckets. They've been in these buckets close to a 6weeks

I haven't begin feeding nutrients.
    Also my plants are way to tall for their space so I need to top and take cuttings for new clones but I'm afraid to do that until I get the nutrient issue handled first. I think the curling is a combo of the tops getting too much light/heat from being so tall. That coupled with low humidity because of the cold up here and the underwatering.

And the color is nutrient issues from vegging too long in the same soil.

How should I go about this?

Should I top everything back down to my trellis height and swap to a metal helide for a couple weeks then flip back to HPS and flower them? So I can get the cuttings and take care of the height issue at once? Also will pre sexing branches take root as clones?

I figured once I've got it topped and chopped down I can transfer into a 5 gallon smart pot with new soil and that will take care of my nutrient issue.

What's your thoughts?

IMG_6616.PNG IMG_6619.PNG IMG_6621.PNG

2. Looks like heat stress. What's ur temps? Hps can get very hot. Blow fans over the tops of the plants.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6637.JPG IMG_6638.JPG IMG_6639.JPG IMG_6640.JPG I turned my light down to 50% and my fan up to medium. Problem is I can't raise my lights more than a foot more so I need to shorten them before flower.

Here's a pic of the discoloration

4. Yup looks like time for some nutrients. Where's your net? I can't find it haha were you not tucking branches under to keep an even canopy? Either way, you could just supercrop it. And like puff said what are your temps like and how close is your light?

5. My lights 2 ft off the canopy in some spots.
    Temps haven't been that bad. This is my thermometer that's at the height of the rim of the bucket the tops when I used the laser thermometer on it were much hotter in the upper 80's.

Also, where should I start my nutes? I have the fox farm trio but where should I start on the feeding chart?

IMG_6635.JPG

6. Start on the last 2 weeks of veg on your feeding chart. Continue using that tell you start to flower once you are in full flower mode start with week one of flower.

7. Should I start them at full strength due or 1/2 what the chart calls for?

8. Full strength

• Like Like x 1
  9. Okay so I gave them their first feeding yesterday as well as turned my ballast down and fan up. The heat stress has kinda relieved itself. However the leaves look a little worse in regards to color. After hours of research and comparing my leaves and symptoms I've came to the conclusion it's a cal mag issue for sure. Will my fox farm trio take Take Care of this? or should I add in some cal mag the next feeding? Also it won't be here until Friday will that be too long to get them to recover? None of the leaves are entirely yellow just beginning to yellow on the edges and in between veins. As well as the fan leaves stems turning purple. Not the stalk . Just the stem on the fan leaves.

10. I use all fox and I give mine like a tbs twice a month. It has some

11. Thank you!!

12. Do you use FFOF and the trio together?

13. I used ffof for over a year before I got on here and numerous guys on here told me I would burn my plants up which I didn't do a hundred plants worth. But they do have good points about things I'm now makes 50% half and frog and ffof and throw in about 20% of perlite and I hate to say it it really is probably the best way to go. I used the three liquids and the three granular and I'm a big feeder I was feeding every other water which could be every 2 or 3 days back off a little bit but I don't know I seem to feed never have too many issues

14. And everybody says you don't need to feed them for 20 days they may be right but before I learned that the light was the most important thing I would feed like the scheduled say every other water I didn't realize that the food doesn't really make the plants grow as much as the light does. I've always started giving them Big Bloom with about a week after to see pops up and I've started giving them grow big week 2 I've always given them half strength of grow big and I cut it about Midway through flower

15. I really believe in beastie blooms and cha ching. Bigger more resiny buds. I drew the line there no bembe or seaweed kelp teas etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Awesome thank you this helps a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Personally, I did use calmag with the fox farms nutes and soil. See how your plant does with what you have and you should see if you need to get any calmag

18. Im in my garden now give me 5 minutes I'll get some pics up.
    in

19. Oh and the leaves probably won't return to looking perfect, just keep an eye out to make sure it's not getting worse