Impulse buy... your thoughts

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by .BMXFU., Sep 21, 2010.

1. Barney's Farm Red Deisel fem and Reserva Privada OG Kush #18 fem

Am I going to have fun with these?

2. i don't know from personal experience, but barney is a top 10 favorite breeder of many and has a solid rep. if you're buying from impulse, you might have picked a bad time because barney is likely sold out everywhere. every one of his strains is sold out at attitude. i just checked last night window shopping for beans myself.

personally, i think diesel sucks. i smoked a bud that had it in it and it tasted like a fucking truck stop! disgusting! i just don't get it's popularity when other strains have the same buzz eg. C99 & kali mist are comparable to sour D with better pineapple nd crushed red pepper flavors. a strain that literally tastes like a diesel tailpipe should be avoided like the plague in my book. i ESPECIALLY don't get strains like cat piss which has a little of that even more disgusting smell of male cats marking their territory or any of the other rotting fruit or meat, & baby shit flavors. skunk is bad enough but come on! i smoked something that most definately had to be cat piss and it was disgusting! as much as i despise the taste of licorice and get dry heaves smoking durban poison, i'd rather smoke that than the other "nasty" strains listed.

that's just me though. if the flavor works for you, go for it! impulse buying is great! it gets you into the game holding buds you cherish because it was you who put the time and energy into them, just like food tastes so much better if you're the one who prepared it.

double checking on your choices before buying them is a good idea too. there are more schwag breeders than great ones and barney is one of the best. taking your choice of particular strains out of the equation, you could do much worse than ANYTHING barney sells.

3. #3 RedEyedNReady, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Made a good move on the Red D bro! I got one goin right now 3 weeks into flower and its BEAUTIFUL so far! And the #18 is a HIGHLY sought after strain. I planning on dropping one of my two packs of it next time around to see how it compares to my subcool strains.

Oh click on barneys farm and then feminized seeds at attitude to view their stock... They seem to have plenty of stock to me!

4. #4 .BMXFU., Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    Pokernaut, I obtained a diesel smelling plant from someones front yard 3 years ago. The plant was only 10" tall and maybe had an 1/4oz dried on it, but it was the best high and taste I have come across. Lemony diesel, smooth hitting and an up/laughy high with barely any comedown. I'm looking for something similar to that and was hoping the Red Diesel or OG#18 (I hear it's sour..) could do it. I did the pick and mix from Attitude and it's been shipped. Just so you know I have a big C99 bush 1.5 wks into flower.. These 2 other strains are for fun, the C99 is my baby...

5. the diesel i smoked had a more neutral buzz without much of the sativa traits associated with sour D but i just thought the flavor was flat out nasty. C99 has a very similar buzz, but grows about twice as fast, half the size, minus the stank skunk odor and has a nice tasty pineapple flavor if you get a keeper. EVERYTHING about C99 is better to me. kali mist is similar too, but bigger & longer growing, but worth it for the blazing hot pepper flavor. my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

by all means, if the strains sound interesting TO YOU, try them! no one knows your tastes as well as you. even as nasty as the diesel i had tasted, i'd be willing to endure it for a real up & happy sour D buzz. i just don't get how people celebrate a bud that tastes like pollution when cindy gets you to the same spot faster and in style. i'm glad to see you've at least given her a try as she deserves to get the same respect & attention as more popular, but similar strains like sour D & trainwreck. no one seems to be talking about trainwreck anymore. a few years back, it was about the ONLY strain anyone was talking about other than sour D

i totally get impulse buying "just for fun". i've bought strains like bubblicious, cali-o, white castle, and recently hashberry & urban poison more for variety than because they're strain i absolutely gotta try. it's alot funner testing strains you might not actually like when you're not paying a greedy dealer way more than his shit is worth. just the process of growing it yourself gives you a nice parental bond with a plant even if your kid turns out to be an obnoxious little bastard. LOL

if you keep an open mind, sometimes you can be surprised like how much i actually enjoyed smoking my troublemaker (hindu x masterkush) from doc. i hate indicas, but that nearly 100% indy didn't couchlock or skunk much at all and had a really nice euphoric buzz, even more than skunk #1. i have to give doc credit for making an indica that wasn't actually bad at all.

who knows, maybe i might find out what everyone loves about hashberry once i bud it out & test it. theory & practice are 2 different things. here's to hoping you find something that really floats your boat when it's grown out.

6. A LOT of someones think diesel is the ultimate, or at least used to.

7. Grew og#18 x skunk this year and it's ultra sensitive to feedings. Didn't say I didn't warn you.

8. any idea on a ppm? 400-500 would that be considered light?