Improving yields help me out

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by BlowTrees, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hi, I don't post a lot on this site because i can usually find my answer through looking, however i have a personal question directly related to my set up. Most grow books and other sources I find say that someone should be able to manage 1g/watt easy with hydro. My last grow, consisted of two Paradise Seeds Whiteberry, three plants of Merlin, and 1 plant of Diesel. I have two 400W HPS lights, and two Hydrofarm ebb and flow systems. For the most part the plants were watered every 6 hours for 30 minutes, I had them in standard square 4 in pots that had rototon on the bottom and top and large rockwool cubes in the middle. I used the Lucas formula for nutrients and filtered water. I was generally putting in 6 tsp of the GH micro and 12 tsp of the GH bloom for each of the 7.5 gallon reservoirs. I have them in my closet which is roughly 8'x4'x8' I have a large fan blowing into the front of the room and a smaller fan in the back on top of the lights blowing out.. The lights were inches away from the top buds. I had a window open right next to the closet for fresh air and thats basically everything I can think of to describe it. OK so after 8-9 weeks and the dry and the cure I had about 1lb of bud, however, with the 800W I was expecting almost two pounds... The room was painted white and the lights werent cooled. Does anyone see anything wrong with this or understand why my yields are so low? I appreciate the feedback.

2. How were the plants trained? Did you have loads of sucker branches everywhere that should have been removed?

I think it may be not enough light - two 400W, whilst adding up to 800W, do not penetrate nearly as much as a 600W. Heat permitting, you should maybe switch them to two 600w or get the tables as close together as possible and get a 600W or 1000W on a light mover. Defo get an air cooled hood in that case.

It does seem pretty dialed in though mate, maybe check out this link for some tips:

Your best yeild improving "tricks"!!??! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

Good luck man!