Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Impossible to judge how many people smoke marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YourPerception, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I think it's impossible for people to come up with a number of how many people smoke marijuana. There are wayyy too many closet smokers and smokers you never thought even smoked. There are so many more people that smoke weed than most people realize.

2. 14,593,348,902

3. yeah... nearly 3x the population of the entire planet smokes weed

4. I bet you Obama smokes it. He calls up his administration *****s and they hotbox the Oval Office.

This is the only way to explain his presidential behavior. He's constantly stoned.

5. From my personal experience, I'd say that 15% of the world's population uses marijuana on a regular/semi-regular basis.

6. I wish I'd smoke with the world, so I can't say from personal experience. I think a whole lot more people smoke marijuana than people would ever guess though.

7. I don't think you'll ever get an exact number, but there's no reason you can't get a good estimate.

If you get a large enough pool of people that represent a homogenous sample of the world's population and saw how many of those people smoked weed (just by asking them; I would think few anonymous people would be inclined to lie about smoking for a study) then you could get a percentage rate that, if your sample group was up to snuff, could be applied to the total population.

It's like when they say x percent of people have cancer. They don't just go around asking everyone in the world if they have cancer or not.

8. Yeah but cancer isn't illegal. I was basically getting that there is a large part of the world population that is normal and successful but keeps marijuana a secret, because it's illegal.

9. It's not illegal to say you've smoked marijuana in any place I know of.

Besides, it's usually universities or other organizations conducting these surveys, not the police. Why would you lie?

10. Exactly. You can't have accurate results from the surveys given out.

Regardless though, most people that smoke weed and aren't open about it, won't be honest on some random marijuana survey.

11. There are TONS of people who you'd never expect to smoke who do it on a regular basis. Me included :D

12. and me included :smoke:

13. Actually I'd say most people who smoke pot just seem like normal members of society. Only a few decide to revolve their entire life around the drug. From what I've seen, its mostly high school kids who adopt the "stoner" persona.

14. Accurate enough.

Why wouldn't you be honest in an anonymous survey?

15. The records are just people who admit it, there are probably millions more. People don't want others knowing they smoke pot, especially if its illegal.

16. You'd never guess that I even knew what weed is. ;)