Important Question/ Am I on to Something?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LemonDiesel, Feb 28, 2010.

1. From fatbluntsyo:

Why can you never truly ever look into both of someone's eyes, but rather only focus into one of the eyes?

2. cause you can't direct your view at two things simultaneously unless you're cockeyed.

whats this have to do with spirituality and philosophy lol, i don't see the connection

3. idk is there a reason we cant like dude you have no idea what my body xperienced until this went thru my head

4. Some people can move both eyes independently, so I'm assuming they would be able to look into both eyes at once.

But seriously, this has absolutely nothing to do with spirituality/philosophy.

5. You might be on something, but your definitely not on to anything.

6. Lol, nice one.

7. You can only focus on one point. That's all focus is - both eyes looking at one point in space.

I'm not sure why this thread is in the philosophy section...

8. This could be a deep metaphor, I think that is what the OP is getting at.

Perhaps our only looking in one eye at a time is a hint to ourselves that we are not seeing the whole picture of who people are, etc. I'm coming down from a bowl, so someone run with this. :p How is our mono-eye-contact a metaphor for our symbolic interactions?

9. really? I can definitely look into both eyes at once - maybe that's why the first thing i notice and the most important feature with a girl to me is her eyes -

it does make sense though - you have two eyes to basically like, triangulate and pinpoint one spot, the rest is seen through peripheral vision - but for some reason i can definitely look into both of someones eyes - it feels like im staring down their soul or something... always an eerie feeling. and some people seem to just have very mystical or "eye-catching" eyes that make you feel even more weird for no good reason

10. Imagine how rabbits and fish feel.

11. okay let me try to explain what happened to me the other night to get to this lol and TY to the kid who explained it a bit further to what i was trying to say:

but okay so i was driving home, which the drive was about 2 hours, and so of course a buddy and i had to smoke. But as i was driving, i honestly saw everything like i was sitting on top of the car or hovering above the car (weird i know) so then i was like fuck man snap back into it and i focused again but then it felt like i could only truly see out of one eye while the other eye takes everything in but you cant focus with it.

this is going to sound even more weird but im trying to explain this. But it felt that like maybe my "soul" could only be in one side of my mind/body and only truly focus and look out of one side. dude i dont fucking know what im trying to say lol

fuck this is so hard to explain lol

12. I know exactly what you mean.

That shift to one side is neat. I shift to the right side of my brain sometimes and it's a very interesting feeling. No less physical than any other sensation. If the reader disagrees, they can choose to evaluate their definition of physical and think big or not.

Yes you are on to something. You could never avoid it. Whether you make use of that something depends on your interpretation and how you integrate it.

13. We have two eyes, but they are not the same.

One is 'dominant' eye, and the other is... just an eye.

We use our dominant eye to look, and the other eye to triangulate.

The dominant eye might be left or right, depending on the person.

If you play golf, and use 'plumbing' method to read the greens, you'll know what I mean.

14. ya but when you turn your eyes, it feels like your "dominance" switch from one eye to the other (look left and right without moving your head.

15. Oh, yeah... I remember this... some sort of graphics... at first it seems it's turning one way, and if you focus really hard, you can make it turn the other way... it was pretty amazing... but I got headache afterwards...

16. [​IMG]

If I use my finger and spin it in the air in the opposite direction while trying to concentrate on her spinning that way I switch eye dominance

ps its funny to me how the scientists who put forth this graphic just had to make sure she had nips.

17. Stop turning i'm getting dizzy!!!!!

18. They have to be anatomically correct . . . . they are scientists........ :D

19. this thing just blows my mind. i keep turning it back and forth, its mind-boggling