important question about court

Discussion in 'General' started by stoke, Apr 22, 2009.

1. #1 stoke, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    my sister got busted for possession and got a ticket to appear in court

well court is tomorrow.. and weve been wondering for a while... shes 17, so do our parents have to come with her because shes a minor?

if anyone knows for sure id really like to know

2. #2 DoblazE, Apr 22, 2009
    Yeah bro, I'm pretty positive your parents are going to have to go with your sister to court since she is a minor.

3. Damn bro, Hope you dont pull what you just pulled, In court.
    and i just came to thinking... im 17

I smoke weed but i didnt have any on me at that time your honor

But yes your parents will have to show up because when you signed the ticket, You gave them permission to subpoena your guardian. Go to court, Sign some papers, Go to drug class, Drop about 200 bucks for them, And have it dismissed and taken off your record.

Good Luck and you might want to take DoblazE's Advice, And ASAP.

4. #4 Hilikus, Apr 22, 2009
    I don't think so, a friend of a friend got busted and I don't think he was 18, but our mutual friend is the one that accompanied him, not his parents.

And my friend got a summons for being in a park after dark, which is quite different, but no her parents didn't need to get involved.

It probably depends on if you live in a small place (where they're more likely to make it a big deal and get everyone involved) or a bigger city (where she's "just another hoodlum" and they're trying to move people through quickly).

5. bump

kinda really need to know for sure

6. lmfao wtf? I was reading this in Google Reader(the GC feeds always show the original post)

"i got busted for possession and got a ticket to appear in court

well court is tomorrow.. and i just came to thinking... im 17, do my parents have to come with me because im a minor?

if anyone knows for sure id really like to know"

7. thanks for the help bro