IMPORTANT!! please read.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chill out, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMPORTANT WARNING!

Please Be Extremely Careful Especially if using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail and so on. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton. Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet. You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation \"Life is beautiful. pps\".

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES and delete it

immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: \"It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful\", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software are not capable of destroying it.
    The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself \"life owner\".

PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

PASS IT ON

2. This is a hoax. Check here for more information:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/life.is.beautiful.hoax.html

Please don\'t post things like this unless you know for a fact it\'s not a hoax. Also please don\'t email it to everyone in your address book. It ties up bandwidth on the Internet for no reason. Did you know that 80 billion email messages were sent last month alone? Did you also know that of those 80 billion, 60 billion were spam?

Edit:

Do a little research next time. I found out it was a hoax within 30 seconds of reading your post.

3. Indy......

........you\'re the man :D

4. lol, i was gonna come post a snopes link but you beat me to it Indy

5. yeh..sounded a bit sketchy to me..a virus usually slowly fcks things up..not an instant -poof all your stuff is gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.