Important news for outdoor growers!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by lightnup, Nov 1, 2012.

1. uh...nothing new...if it can be viewed from off the property, it can be viewed/recorded without a warrant...law has been that way for a long long time.

2. This article seemed to imply a difference in cameras near a house and further out in the woods.

Of course we all know the cops pretty much do what they want and mostly get away with it.

3. I haven't read how the case came out yet, but it is potentially important, because the case presented the issue in a way that has implications for whether the cops can use technology that "sees" much more than the human eye can...in other words, if they have the tech, can they essentially scan your house like they do a full body scan with the new airport scanners? which if they can--and the tech is either available or will be shortly--it's like there are no walls in the house. Then what can they see? if they detect on their "radar" something in the house that looks like a grow op, can they use that as a basis to kick the door in? So that's why the case is important--as a big step towards 1984 style Big Brother. Yes there have already been many steps in that direction, but this could be a huge leap and a really worrisome one for growers. :(

4. This technology is the single biggest threat to terrorism and freedom at the same time.

The leading company in this field it is right down the road from where I live.

5. they can sit out at the street now, and use a drone with a HD camera to fly OVER your land and video it....DC's puppet court system said it was OK after the (anti)Patriot Act, NDAA and other big brother laws went into effect.

if they can zoom in to see through a crack in the curtains, from a van on the street or drone floating above your yard, it is usable in courts...

6. "Protected curtilage" is so open-ended. Surprise! :rolleyes: Any time I see the word "reasonable" being used in these court rulings, you know you're screwed. Their version of "reasonable" likely differs greatly from ours. :rolleyes:

Equally concerning is their procurement of a warrant after the fact.
    1. We do what we want.
    2. We find incriminating evidence.
    3. We later obtain a warrant.

Hopefully the jury assembled is a smart bunch and they throw this out immediately.

I thought the Patriot Act essentially removed 4th Amendment protections for phone calls, etc.? It's like they're going to rule on it again just to make it more legit or something?? :confused: I thought coroporations were required to hand over info if instructed to do so under the Patriot Act without warrant already?

7. wouldn't that kinda be like an invasion of privacy?

if you use x-ray glasses to look past a womans bra, and then telling her. what you think she's gonna do?

8. Camera's are different from drones. A large dog and fenced property can hamper camera's, if they can afford to use drones for small grows, the cost of operating the drone will far out surpass the bust, but when has cost mattered on the war
    on drugs. I expect to see drug dogs in the back of pickups slowly cruising back roads waiting for the dog to mark. No outside grower will be safe from this, or indoor grower close to the road. I watched a you tube video on drug dog training, and in one of the final tests, two grams of pot was placed in the desert, the handlers worked the wind until the dog got a sniff and he went right to it three miles away. If they cruise slowly down a country road, and the wind is right the dog will mark every grower on the road, and its possible. I don't think they have enough jail space to hold all the growers. Its too bad they don't show the same enthusiasm on real crooks!

9. ^^^ There's a scary thought for you. Fuck.

10. #11 Jumbo, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    Damn i really hate the government and police for doing shit like this.

Do the not understand how big of a waste this would be to use for just marijuana growers.

Bust some real criminals for once, oh wait i forgot thats too hard.

Arrests happen for weed possession like every couple seconds. They need to start to work on murder cases and shit lol. such a waste of money and time.

Do people really think this will do anything good? I hope it does something good for the country, but i foresee another big fail in the portfolio of the War on Drugs.

Also seems to me like this is breaking our rights.... Again. lol