Important: help Show Me Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by vaporfiend, Jul 29, 2011.

1. So I found the Show Me Cannabis group on facebook. This is the group working on getting legalization on the ballot here in 2012. I urge everyone, especially those from Missouri, to apply to this closed group. They only have about 120 members now. Once you get added by an administrator you will be able to add friends yourself. I added 20 people last night. Beware though, once you start adding friends, it does not just send someone an invitation, it automatically adds them. So you might want to ask people first in a private message. Or just add your friends that you know wont care (because they dont work as a government employee, school teacher, cop hehe, etc). Just saying don't add your closet smoker friends without asking first, as this would probably really piss them off. Thanks to all who join, and additional thanks for all those who take the time to add their like minded friends. So they can add their like minded friends, and so on.

2. 39 people have checked this out with no responses. No biggy but I DEMAND, somebody holler at me. Anyone in Missouri, that has a FB account, that is a fan of cannabis, needs to hear about this group. I am taking the time to bug all my good friends on facebook. Join, and add your friends that smoke, it is that easy. I added about 20 friends already and am waiting on responses from about 20 people. I feel the Show Me Cannabis facebook group, will be very helpful when it comes to coordinating the petition efforts. That is why I am typing and typing, and cutting and pasting, until I feel I've done my part in getting the word out.

3. Can I holla atcha? Can I holla atcha? Holla, holla, holla, holla,.....

4. I joined last week, keep up the good work.

5. Thanks. I got a response, and 30 or so more folks have looked at this thread. Winning. hehhehee

6. I am getting more and more excited about this chance for Missouri. From what I am hearing from the campaign, the petition drive is just about to start. They should be able to get lots of signatures in the big population areas of KC and St Louis.

7. Joplin needs something to take their mind off things right? haha

8. I dunno... I don't have much hope for Missouri. The pot heads in my town (columbia mo) are too cool to care about anything but themselves... they don't want to organize they are happy with what they have and they are not sharing... I have a fb account, but I hate it... still I will check out your hopeful group. thanks for trying...

9. @painterlady, The people organizing this campaign are the same folks who got the decriminalization bills passed in Columbia MO, they know what they're doing. Instead of wasting time with bills that never go anywhere in the state house, they are skipping all that bullshit, and taking this directly to the people. They are about to start collecting signatures. They need about 90k signatures to get a statute change on the ballot, and 145K to get a MO constitutional amendment on the ballot(harder to overturn). 2012 is a presidential election year, turnout will be high. We have a chance, not sure why you are so hopeless about this ALREADY. The people in Colombia MO are a little ahead of the curve, having already passed decriminalization. Even with that, the cops still harass people. The only people who are satisfied with the current situation are the dealers and growers.

10. @painterlady, If I had the same attitude as you, I wouldn't have spent time adding 50 people to the Show Me Cannabis group on Facebook. I wouldn't have wasted my time sending personal messages, explaining to those people the importance of adding their friends. But now I am seeing the folks I added, add 20 people of their own. I'm glad I don't feel so hopeless, or else that group might still have 130 members, instead of 300 + and growing.

11. The group is just about to hit 500 members and I am heartened to see it is spreading across our state. The debate has begun here. I wrote an article to my local newspaper, recommending a follow up article to the initial announcement. Got a response from the journalist, she said she would "love" to do follow up. YES!! I guess Ill email those at the campaign and let them know.

12. this has me so excited you dont even know!!!!!

13. I find it disheartening when I hear people say the state, or the country is still ten years or so away from any kind of legalization. The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011, was supposedly just a token bill, not expected to go anywhere, even by its backers. However, if that was the plan initially, the plan has backfired. The bill comes along at an opportune time, as 6 or so states will be voting on mj legalization in 2012. Even here in my state I believe that if SMC is allowed to collect signatures this will be a big news story, and the conversation will really begin, especially if the signature drive is a success. You can guess the presidential elections will be close right, but can't you also see this being close, and legalization getting some bipartisan support, a lot of the independents and so called swing voters too. It's also an issue that should encourage the youth turnout. Then people want to say, "Oh, California has to go first." Says fucking who? We don't have a quasi legal medi pot industry here. We don't have dispensaries strewn across our state. We need this worse than them. And after just watching "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" I have to say, "Why do we want to wait ten more fucking years?" We are just going to continue arresting people for using this amazing, relatively safe plant, that has a plethora of medicinal uses? I picture protestors around the Archgrounds in St. Louis with signs that say NO MEDICAL USE on one side, and then on the other side say, ARE THEY KIDDING? Let's vote for some real change in 2012!

14. I have lived in Missouri my whole life. Kansas City for the most part but currently reside in Columbia. When i first found out about NORML and their attempt through the Show-Me Cannabis chapter to finally give us Missourians a voice about this completely misled and flawed concept of a "War on Drugs", i sincerely felt the need to show my enthusiasm and support on such a wonderful, unified movement against Federal/State tyranny for a cause too vital to the people to turn a blind eye to. Its time we led our country out of this old idea of conforming to Conservatism and the beliefs tied along to the lifestyle.
    END PROHIBITION NOW WHILE THE OPPORTUNITY IS STILL GREAT
    RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012*